test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Instead of introducing more professions, why didn't you improve the existing ones?

rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
So we have jewelcrafting coming out for module 5....yet another profession nobody asked for.

My question is, why are you not instead focused on improving the current professions? Nobody cares anymore about farming black ice why not buff that?

Alchemy is still pretty useless along with every other profession not named leadership. Please reconsider from adding even more professions in the future and instead buff the current ones.

I'd rather have fewer meatier professions rather than new flavour of the month ones that will become dead in 2 months.
Post edited by rashylewizz on

Comments

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They will sell lots of Jewelcrafting profession packs.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There better be some very good rewards, without spending a bundle on purple assets, if they want me to use my leadership slots for something new.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    There better be some very good rewards, without spending a bundle on purple assets, if they want me to use my leadership slots for something new.

But why not buff/rework the professions we have now? We already have a lot of professions that are largely ignored
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I really do hope they cut it down. Crafting is pretty boring to level and use. On the plus side there isn't much else that isn't covered by professions now. There's the class crafting for shirts pants and kits which used to reinforce armour pieces so hopefully they won't add a new profession for that, theres your weapon set, neck, belt and rings, consumables and your bonus black ice one. So I really hope they figure that's enough because I've had enough of not only levelling them, but having to level them on other toons because BtC... Thankfully due to artifact weapons I could ignore artificing on my warlock.

I agree with giving a boost to existing professions though. Those potions for the halloween event would be nice to craft for 1, batched distilled pots and cheaper requirements. I dislike the whole black ice thing though. Replenishing gear isn't really something I like.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    aulduron wrote: »

This highlights the problem - the few items professions make that are worthwhile, require a hefty investment if you wish to see, well, a return on said investment.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is absolutely no reason to level any profession other than Leadership in this game. Artifact weapons made Weaponsmithing/Artifacing less than useless and the fact that the new recipes implemented actually costs AD to craft there is no point in crafting them to sell because there is zero profit to be made. To be fair the only reason I carried on with Weaponsmithing and Leatherworking was to open the other profession slot. Not a single profession in this game is fun or rewarding. A major overhaul is needed IMO.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited November 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    There is absolutely no reason to level any profession other than Leadership in this game. Artifact weapons made Weaponsmithing/Artifacing less than useless and the fact that the new recipes implemented actually costs AD to craft there is no point in crafting them to sell because there is zero profit to be made. To be fair the only reason I carried on with Weaponsmithing and Leatherworking was to open the other profession slot. Not a single profession in this game is fun or rewarding. A major overhaul is needed IMO.

Absolutely, so make question to the devs is: Why do you keep making new ones when we already have tons of different professions which need a revival?
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    But why not buff/rework the professions we have now? We already have a lot of professions that are largely ignored

I didn't say they shouldn't.
  • ferrolhoferrolho Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They basicly just ported the Duty Oficer system from STO and called it a day. They gave absolutly no thought if it would fit the setting or if at least it was fun.

They showed that they can do it, the black ice is an example of resource gathering and manufacture.

They could do something for example like this:

The Crafters Guild :

- It could have reputation;

- Better progression, maybe a bit slower but much more steady and better rewarding,

- Specializations like choose only 4 of the professions available

- REAL resource gathering with mining nodes, skinning critters, etc

- Appearence Blueprints

- Utilize a piece of equipment and research it to add to some kind of armory, that you can use to do appearence changes for your armor or weapons withought having to store them in the bank or carry them with you. You would still have to pay the appearence change of course.

These are some examples.
    edited November 2014
    I think resource gathering should mostly be restricted to dungeons otherwise botting would just take over like it has now.