test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Augment for GWF and CW?

mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in PvE Discussion
I was finally thinking of either upgrading the Stone of Radiance to Blue or buying a Stone of Allure for my GWF and CW. Either choice costs approximately the same - the Allure costs 1200 ZEN = 600 000K but comes with a bonding runestone worth 100+K whereas the upgrade for the stone of Radiance is 500K AD.

So what do people think is the better choice or is there something I have overlooked?
Post edited by mconosrep on

Comments

• pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well it depends.

The Radiance stone has 3 offense rune slots (yay!), ring/ring/belt slots, but its active bonus is kinda meh (Deflect/Life Steal).

The Allure stone has 2 offense and 1 defense rune slots, so you can't get as much power out of it as you could with a Radiance stone. But, it has ring/neck/icon slots, and there are better icons out there than there are rings and belts. I do not know much about its active bonus or how much it procs.

Personally for CW I think the Cat is best, in terms of active bonus. The falling damage mitigation helps at Draco's hands, or any time that you are proned. But it is more expensive.
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Radiant has a belt slot, which has always a defense slot (except some old blue belts, no longer available), but has a better active bonus (considering Deflection and Life steal are important for a specific class).

I particularly use an upgraded Radiance stone on my GF and DC because I like to have more Life Steal and Regen on those classes, but I use an Allure stone on all other classes (I have all) with an Eldritch stone on defense slot.

Both stones offer great value and it is basically a matter of preference.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    The Allure stone has 2 offense and 1 defense rune slots, so you can't get as much power out of it as you could with a Radiance stone.

Good point but with the highest %bonus stats runestone won't the total stats from 2 offense/1defense slots be higher than from 3 offense slots? Of course it might be simpler (and definitely cheaper) to simply use 3 lesser bonding runestones.

pointsman wrote: »

Personally for CW I think the Cat is best, in terms of active bonus. The falling damage mitigation helps at Draco's hands, or any time that you are proned. But it is more expensive.

I heard that at one stage this was quite important but is the cat's benefit of any use nowadays for the more recent and challenging content?

Cat

Reduce falling damage by 25%
    +125 Deflect

Stone of Radiance

+105 Life Steal
    +105 Deflect

Stone of Allure

(On Encounter Use) 7% chance to slow target
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Good point but with the highest %bonus stats runestone won't the total stats from 2 offense/1defense slots be higher than from 3 offense slots? Of course it might be simpler (and definitely cheaper) to simply use 3 lesser bonding runestones.

You can get more total stats with the defensive Eldritch but you won't get as much raw power because it's defense, not offense.
    I heard that at one stage this was quite important but is the cat's benefit of any use nowadays for the more recent and challenging content?

The Cat's active bonus helps any time you are proned by reducing the damage associated with the prone. So yeah I imagine it would help with the fireballs/AOE in the Lostmauth fight. I have not used one in a long time though, someone with a Cat should probably confirm this.
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Chicken is the best augment for all classes
    Dr. Phil
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    In my opinion, if it has a belt slot, it is bad.

Unless if you're using R9+. If that's the case you can make a good use of the additional Offense Slot.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • epclipseingmoonepclipseingmoon Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    get a cat :) it is cute and it is a good ballance offence and defence :)
    @dimensionallight
    Princess Amber - DC
    Shieldmaiden Amber - GF
    Valkyrie Amber - GWF
    Huntress Amber - HR