test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Did something happen overnight? CW nerf or ?

shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Library
Ok, so I am not the best player with tons of metrics and info like so many here, but I do know what I have been able to take on and not.

So I am working the dailies in Icespire waiting for Merrowthrax (or whatever it's name is), and I find I am getting whacked left and right.

Mobs that I used to be able to handle without any issue are now just killing me dead. I got one shotted by a Green Dragonfang (the one with the bow).

Now I am not the best (11k GS and 23k HP) but I never was killed this easily. I also notice that damage doesn't start to register until about 3-4 seconds into the fight.

Has anyone else noticed these sorts of issues? Did the devs make the mobs tougher or did they modify the CW math?

It is driving me crazy. I haven't tried anything this morning. Maybe it was a fluke or an off night, but it sure doesn't feel ike it.
Post edited by shockerizer on

Comments

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A little lag?
  • Options
    benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Ok, so I am not the best player with tons of metrics and info like so many here, but I do know what I have been able to take on and not.

So I am working the dailies in Icespire waiting for Merrowthrax (or whatever it's name is), and I find I am getting whacked left and right.

Mobs that I used to be able to handle without any issue are now just killing me dead. I got one shotted by a Green Dragonfang (the one with the bow).

Now I am not the best (11k GS and 23k HP) but I never was killed this easily. I also notice that damage doesn't start to register until about 3-4 seconds into the fight.

Has anyone else noticed these sorts of issues? Did the devs make the mobs tougher or did they modify the CW math?

It is driving me crazy. I haven't tried anything this morning. Maybe it was a fluke or an off night, but it sure doesn't feel ike it.

I think it's lag too, try /netGraph 1 and see your ping, I'm from south america and I'm used to have 180-350 ms delay, but the last week I've experienced 600-1100 ms delay at certain hours, which have never happened me before.

Totally unplayable.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sounds like some lag. But it may also be that you've never been hit by those archers before. They fire so slowly and so obviously that you really have to be not paying attention to get hit by one of them. When you do get hit they can really hurt. If they score a crit it can kill you. That's been the case for a while. Maybe it's lag that caused you to get hit by an attack you never would get hit by before?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Yer CW is pretty squishy, you need to stay outta harm's way and focus on AOE/control more.

CW are gonna be on top of the pile for PVE and PVP for the foreseeable future, that is all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    You guys might be right. I am going to log in now and see what happens. Thanks for the tips guys!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Alright, I guess it was just lag as you guys stated. Last night, I was back to my same old nuking self. Solo'd Ghost Stories as per usual with no problems.

Thanks for listening to me whine like a little gurl!
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No worries, I had the same issue today. Died 4 times, and was probably very cheap entertainment to the rest of the group in the Rothe Valley Dragon HE. "look at that 19K CW that needs to LTP!" all I can say is LAG HAPPENS!