abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
Nice to see you guys owning in domination =D
Dr. Phil
Post edited by abecassis on

Comments

• helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They were streaming it earlier, it was amazing how bad they were at it. Like gwf guy was using a leveling rotation of not so fast and restoring strike. And for some reason they decided they were going to play 14k characters and thought like 20k is a rare thing.
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They were streaming it earlier, it was amazing how bad they were at it. Like gwf guy was using a leveling rotation of not so fast and restoring strike. And for some reason they decided they were going to play 14k characters and thought like 20k is a rare thing.

Yeah right, it was a great surprise... can I ask you a question?, have they improved from this PvP Against the Devs?
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    It was a joke lol.

Pretty sure I can solo the 5 at the same time. And 90% of well-rounded players can as well.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    oicidraz wrote: »
    Yeah right, it was a great surprise... can I ask you a question?, have they improved from this PvP Against the Devs?

I wasn't paying that much attention to it, one game they got locked in spawn, another they lost badly and there was a third one they might have been ok. The droprate is better watching the stream than playing lol but I was mostly doing that anyway.
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So they still doesn't know how to PvP on their own game (or surpass a 12K PuG lvl). :(
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maybe they were trying things out. Besides, restoring strike is awesome encounter in pvp. The quick animation doesn't even need your target to be CCd, does good damage, heals you and has shorter cooldown than IBS. I often slot it instead of IBS and do great.
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Community managers or devs? Hopefully that was devs because that would show them how broken PvP is right now.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Those are not devs. Those are 4x qualilty assurance testers and one community manager.

However, I've seen actual devs play as well and although they are better, I think they leave something to be desired as well.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There's the link:

http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/c/5190202

The guys are having honest fun, and just play for the kicks, and viewers' enjoyment. Akromatik sent shouts to the PvPers he interacted with and overall just had a great attitude. They never queued to win, they just queued for viewer's fun.

The thing is, however, how can we turn these events in an opportunity to improve PvP?

We need someone to queue in these events that fully understand the game mechanics and is a rather experienced player/developer/PvPer.

Someone to notice for example the permadaily, Shift-masher, Red glyph GF. The no-skill "I keel you with at-wills and procs" Red glyph CWs.

Because opportunity to improve the game is >>>>>>>>>>>> Twitch viewer fun.
  • obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Aside from the fact that their builds are probably hopeless, characters aren't adapted to pvp becouse they have...22-25k hp? And hard to say about pvp skill becouse they are dead in 1-2 seconds, this is just sad. They are happy becouse enemy kill them in 1/2 shoots, maby it is fun when you play pvp once a month but when you play pvp everyday it is cursedly annoying. I want to only know what is their Gear Scorce on these characters. Really sad...
  • froszztfroszzt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    "Met some hardcore PvP people" - he says after getting killed by someone from kazoku. Isn't it less awkward to admit that the game is broken? :) Hardcore, still smiling.
    edited September 2014
    . The no-skill "I keel you with at-wills and procs" Red glyph CWs.

To be fair, those are one of the best cws in the game
    edited September 2014
    To be fair, those are one of the best cws in the game

All CWs that continued playing and slotted reds lost credibility in my eyes. Especially those that were never proficient with Shard before.

Where is the feedback from "top" CWs here against cheezing? Against Storm Spell? Against Assailant? Where are the "top" PvPers, in general?

I'll tell you where they are. They busy cheezing, in parties with permadaily Red GFs and so on.

A list of people that took their time to speak up against glyphs, although some still use them (gg, lol... better than staying silent)

- Desidus
    - Vira
    - ayroux
    - Mouz had one good post. Nice effort.

So yeah. There you have it. Rest of the PvPers are happy to cheez and you shouldn't be surprised about it, since they were the ones to bunch on Tenebrous months ago and stick to it like a baby to its mama's milk.

No honor, no moral conduct, not bothering to offer feedback, busy cheezing other people. And how they can even bother to offer feedback? If you talk to them they will try to JUSTIFY using Reds to you - "It's the new Meta!". Just pathetic.

That's your "top" dudes and dudettes.
  • velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All CWs that continued playing and slotted reds lost credibility in my eyes. Especially those that were never proficient with Shard before.

Where is the feedback from "top" CWs here against cheezing? Against Storm Spell? Against Assailant? Where are the "top" PvPers, in general?

Go read the preview thread for CWs. There was a TON of input there about what a disaster the changes would be BEFORE they were even implemented.

I've also posted in several CW and HR threads about problematic class features/glyphs/etc, as have several other committed PvPers.

The problems have already been brought up, and generally several times (most of them before the new module was even introduced). Insulting CWs for not constantly following and posting on the forums is silly ("They busy cheezing"... seriously? Busy playing the most effective way to play a CW in PvP right now because of Cryptic? GOD FORBID).

This isn't the players' fault. They tested the changes for the devs, gave feedback, and many (including myself) continued to give feedback after the changes. In the meantime, I'm not going to fault a CW for using storm spell + assailant + red glyphs, or an HR for using piercing + red glyphs, or a GF for using KV + red glyphs. You can't expect the players to never touch the stupid overpowered stuff that Cryptic introduces, and that's on Cryptic for introducing it and then taking months to fix anything. Criticizing players for "cheezing" and having no honor is such ridiculously misplaced criticism.
    edited September 2014
    velynna wrote: »
    You can't expect the players to never touch the stupid overpowered stuff that Cryptic introduces, and that's on Cryptic for introducing it and then taking months to fix anything. Criticizing players for "cheezing" and having no honor is such ridiculously misplaced criticism.

I don't use them. Others are able to not use them. Basically my whole guild core is not using them.

It is a choice.

But to many, winning is more important than anything else.

You cannot expect Cryptic to fix these things in time. It is on the players themselves and the community to have stop using stuff all agree it's lame, OP and has no place in the game.

For as long as I see "top" PvPers with 3 GF parties all with KV and Reds and so on, or 3 CWs with Reds...

... yes, you're busy cheezing. Sorry but it's the truth.
    edited September 2014
    I don't use them. Others are able to not use them. Basically my whole guild core is not using them.

It is a choice.

But to many, winning is more important than anything else.

You cannot expect Cryptic to fix these things in time. It is on the players themselves and the community to have stop using stuff all agree it's lame, OP and has no place in the game.

For as long as I see "top" PvPers with 3 GF parties all with KV and Reds and so on, or 3 CWs with Reds...

... yes, you're busy cheezing. Sorry but it's the truth.

And it was the same thing last module with people running 4-5 GWF/HR parties... and before that, 3-4 TRs... and so on.

We SHOULD be able to expect Cryptic to fix these things in time (they really aren't complicated fixes). That's their job. They have the feedback, they have the tools to fix them, etc. We certainly cannot expect all players to intentionally ignore parts of the game on account of Cryptic's incompetence. If you choose to not use red glyphs, then all the more power to you. I personally use an armor set that doesn't have overload slots for PvP, and red glyphs are one of the worst things to happen for my class' survival (DC), but (again) that's on Cryptic for introducing red glyphs, and then ignoring their fix when they adjusted blue glyphs. Not so much on the players...
    edited September 2014
    We SHOULD be able to expect Cryptic to fix these things in time (they really aren't complicated fixes). That's their job. They have the feedback, they have the tools to fix them, etc.

Do they have the resources? From what I've heard PWE specializes in running tons of low maintenance MMOs at the same time shortly after each MMO is launched.

We've had gamebreaking bugs that take months to be fixed and its been a constant pattern
    edited September 2014
    Do they have the resources? From what I've heard PWE specializes in running tons of low maintenance MMOs at the same time shortly after each MMO is launched.

We've had gamebreaking bugs that take months to be fixed and its been a constant pattern

I suspect they have the resources, they're just not using them for this kind of game maintenance. Profit and such.
    edited September 2014
    snip

Well I don't want to comment on anyone in particular because it won't lead to anything but trouble.

However, cheesing aspects of the game when it's been proven in the past that there will be no punishment nor will a fix be coming in the near future doesn't necessarily make me paint them into complete bad guys. PVE was that way for the most part as well when it was worth doing back then. Every "top PVE guild" was doing shortcuts etc.

I guess that's just the way it is with most MMO communities, it is not exclusive to PVE or PVP. If there is competition to be had, that will happen whether it is fair or not. It is the duty of Cryptic to fix gamebreaking bugs timely, balance the classes and implement consequences for people who abuse it.
  • cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They ended up against a premade the last 2 times... That's why I thought they lost.... Until my group went in to PvP and got that exact guild, we won 1000 to 0. We can still log off and pretend that this game doesn't exsist, it'll have to be done slowly but we can do it!
    edited September 2014
    They ended up against a premade the last 2 times... That's why I thought they lost.... Until my group went in to PvP and got that exact guild, we won 1000 to 0. We can still log off and pretend that this game doesn't exsist, it'll have to be done slowly but we can do it!

If you were watching the stream, it was really painful. All I saw was the most random button mashing ever, with practically no consideration of what classes they were fighting against. The whole ordeal was made only more painful by that super obnoxious dude in the background who kept chattering mindlessly, acting like a 12 year old, and laughing hardest at his own jokes, which literally contained no shred of actual humour.

They were essentially the PvP equivalent of 9k gs pugs.
  • kingcalouskingcalous Member Posts: 55
    edited September 2014

Yeah, they are pretty bad! I think Inna is at least decent, but being a CW, it doesn't really matter does it :P

Also, I want to mention that the people playing were QA testers. So their job is to.... play the game. Theres no excuse for being so clueless. Yeah, I guess that obnoxious douch shooting people with a nerf gun didn't help, but still.. comeon!

Go play against GW2's Devs or the QA team, they will STOMP YOUR FACE OFF! Like.. completly OFF... Le Fort III for realz! (anyone who gets that reference is a pimp, the rest of you get googeling :P)
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    If you were watching the stream, it was really painful. All I saw was the most random button mashing ever, with practically no consideration of what classes they were fighting against. The whole ordeal was made only more painful by that super obnoxious dude in the background who kept chattering mindlessly, acting like a 12 year old, and laughing hardest at his own jokes, which literally contained no shred of actual humour.

They were essentially the PvP equivalent of 9k gs pugs.

And these are the QA Testers, pretty sad, uhm?.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    abecassis wrote: »

How did you see Devs in PVP man ? Didnt you stop PvPing until some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> was taken care of ?
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    How did you see Devs in PVP man ? Didnt you stop PvPing until some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> was taken care of ?

Well they were streaming and handing out stuff on twitch.
    Dr. Phil
  • radiotubbyradiotubby Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2014
    If they suck and come in poor gear then they are probably full time QA and/or community Cryptic employees. If they come as 20k gs players who are unhittable, never miss and know all the bug exploits nobody else in the game knows then they are likely "volunteers" or temps.
  • dizonyxdizonyx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Enemies used red glyphs...
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    abecassis wrote: »

Shouldn't you change your signature? ;)
    I aim to misbehave