test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infight looting

asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
Please enlighten me on the logic of looting while you are fighting.

I got a CW with 18,4k GS as one of my chars. I know, that CWs are one of the top DDs and due to the fact, that my CW is well equiped, I have to deal with a lot of mob aggro. I play him close range and agressive, so if I bite more than I can chew, my problem. If someone prefers to play it save and nuke from the distance, good for him.

But WHY do so many ppl loot infight. I got to stay mobile and place my encounters for max CC and dmg/lifesteal to survive, so you might understand my delight, when in the middle of a fight half of the screen is filled with the essential question, if I want to need, greed or pass on this or that item. Even if I survive, it bugs me.

I first thought, ok, maybe other ppl never had this problem, so I asked politely to refrain from looting infight. Most of the times I get ignored. When I told ppl, that they can loot whenever they want, as long as they have the mob aggro, but I have a problem, when they loot, while I kite the adds, I got snappy comments or more silence.

The last time someone looted some green <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> while I had to tank the boss in epic SOT, I got so angry, that I posted, that I would leave the party, if they continue to loot infight. The reactions where 'wtf' and 'lol'.

Is there a logical reason for infight looting I dont know? Am I to sensible and do I have to deal/die with it? Please enlighten me.
Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
Post edited by asterotg on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    Is there a logical reason for infight looting I dont know? Am I to sensible and do I have to deal/die with it? Please enlighten me.

It sounds like you are exclusively pugging. You gonna do that, you gotta deal with puglogic.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The last time someone looted some green <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> while I had to tank the boss in epic SOT, I got so angry, that I posted, that I would leave the party, if they continue to loot infight. The reactions where 'wtf' and 'lol'.

I hate when a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is looting every green garbage he founds during a SoT or LoL run as if it would add any significant number of points to this artifact weapon.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    I hate when a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is looting every green garbage he founds during a SoT or LoL run as if it would add any significant number of points to this artifact weapon.

ya its annoying, but what you going to do, put together a group to run a normal shores over and over?.. typically I throw out a comment like, what the heck guys, there green, if you want to get them, go run foundries already.. doesnt seem to help though..

One time , feeling extra punitive, I decided to not roll on any of the greens, just let them expire out.. I know petty of me, but was just tired of it.

Pick up enchants and blues im ok with, stop picking up greens! or wait till its over and go back for them or something.
  • razyldazlrazyldazl Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wish I knew who came up with the bright idea to use greens for refining artifacts, but honestly he shoukd be flogged without mercy in the enclave square. Make an example out of him
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Players should have a choice to move it around the screen like you can with other things. I would prefer it on the left hand side or something but not right in the middle of the screen so i cant see a thing and when its lots of green items why do i care ? -.- there should be another option to turn off green items popping up, i would never want them.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I pick up greens for my artifact weapon, not everyone is rich and can buy purples from the AH to refine. I try not to loot during a fight but sometimes people rush and I find myself lagging behind looting stuff, while half of the party already fighting the next group. I'm supposed not to loot just because others want to speedrun? nope.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No, you're not alone. Pugs just got used to well geared people carrying them and think you're geared well enough to fight blind lol
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I hate loot in fight. as combat Hr i have to see thoose red areas - cause in epics like SoT or LoL i dead in one bite if i get in red. But with all this loot windows in fight over in middle - i don't see anything! at lease i removed that notification away on right.
    I wish they made option in group settings - no loot in combat! let it be by off by default but we need it !
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm a cw too, and I often take the vanguard of the party and I like to door to door when running duns. Looting while avoiding red circles, while managing your encounters to heal your missing hp will become a reflex if you really pve a-lot. I'm annoyed by it at first, but I adapt and move on, and I stop whining and make excuses about it when I die/oudps.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Auto-loot settings? Where are they? I wish I could just turn on "Gear uncommon: pass" and never bother with that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm a cw too, and I often take the vanguard of the party and I like to door to door when running duns. Looting while avoiding red circles, while managing your encounters to heal your missing hp will become a reflex if you really pve a-lot. I'm annoyed by it at first, but I adapt and move on, and I stop whining and make excuses about it when I die/oudps.

First you state, that it annoies you, than you claim, that it would be whinning, if someone complains about it. Please tell me, where I make excuses for dieing/ getting out dpsed. Maybe you understand my post better, than I do. The fact that you CAN survive this behaviour does not indicate, that you HAVE to accept it as normal.
  • masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It would be better if the person who receive the item had it appear by their icon and name or if the received area was movable.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    masizin777 wrote: »
    ...or if the received area was movable.

It is. Use UI settings.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't know how many times I've died because my screen was covered in loot rolls.
    edited September 2014
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    I pick up greens for my artifact weapon, not everyone is rich and can buy purples from the AH to refine. I try not to loot during a fight but sometimes people rush and I find myself lagging behind looting stuff, while half of the party already fighting the next group. I'm supposed not to loot just because others want to speedrun? nope.

Nobody with half a brain is using purples for refining either. The points you get for that are a joke. So are the points you get for greens though.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nobody with half a brain is using purples for refining either. The points you get for that are a joke. So are the points you get for greens though.
    So what are you using for refining? only stones?
    I just pickup everything and throw it into the artifact weapon. Don't see a reason to pass on this.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This not addressed to any one person, just the general population who have commented on here

I pick up blue items and green weapons, the rest i leave. Picking up green weapons is economical as i have hundreds of ID scrolls that i have picked up and so i get free RP from the weapon. If you are fine with picking up enchants then a green weapon is fine as well as they are close to the same RP value. I am not going to stop picking these things up just because you are too lazy to hit shift 2, why should i go farm a foundry for green items when there are greens dropping right now? i save a lot of time that way, and if you rolled on it and got the weapon then you could save time and AD as well.
    As to picking things up in fight, how long does it take to hit shift 1 or shift 2? I have never gotten killed because someone picked something up during a fight. just move the results of looting over to the side of your screen and you will never have problems again.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    edited September 2014
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    So what are you using for refining? only stones?
    I just pickup everything and throw it into the artifact weapon. Don't see a reason to pass on this.

Stones and blues. Any epic loot I can't use has more value to me as salvage (I'm not dramatically overcapped). I tried refining with greens on the double points weekend and the amount of progress from them was still so incremental as to not be worth the trouble or the ID scrolls. Blegh.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think the party leader can change the loot settings to make the roll only from blue(rare)+ or even only for epic... But u d better run with a guild it s better since no one there wants to back stab you after each corner...
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Artefact belts are green loot. With the settings you mentioned it would be, first come, fist served.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Just because you feel looting greens is not worth your time, does not mean I have to subscribe to the same opinion. You play the game your way, and I will play it my way. It is not for you to dictate how I play. Now I will agree, picking up the loot during the fight is not the most intelligent thing to do. I wait till after the fight. Just as a side note, when those notices come up, hit the ESC key and they will go away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just because you feel looting greens is not worth your time, does not mean I have to subscribe to the same opinion. You play the game your way, and I will play it my way. It is not for you to dictate how I play. Now I will agree, picking up the loot during the fight is not the most intelligent thing to do. I wait till after the fight. Just as a side note, when those notices come up, hit the ESC key and they will go away.

Just think for a while: you'd better selling the ID scrolls than using them to id green <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that would give you 100 points. You need 1 bazilliion of them to refine your artifact weapon. So stop anoying people who is unfortunate enough to play with you.
  • letojarred1letojarred1 Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First you state, that it annoies you, than you claim, that it would be whinning, if someone complains about it. Please tell me, where I make excuses for dieing/ getting out dpsed. Maybe you understand my post better, than I do. The fact that you CAN survive this behaviour does not indicate, that you HAVE to accept it as normal.

The green popping loot is annoying at first when I was new to pugging but I took it: as it is, and move on.
    Whines and Excuses were not attributed to a person, but of course if you point a mark on your back sooner or later someone would lose an arrow to it. If you PUG a lot it will became a quotidian with your runs thus I conclude, it will become a reflex.

Going back to the topic:
    Since I pug a lot, I always pick the loot during the fight as to not waste time running back to it when all the mobs are dead. It saves us time, and as far as I remember I don't have anyone complaining about it.
    StrawberryCheesecake TR
    BlackberryCheesecake CW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CheeseCake House :o
  • groarkgroark Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Players should have a choice to move it around the screen like you can with other things. I would prefer it on the left hand side or something but not right in the middle of the screen so i cant see a thing and when its lots of green items why do i care ? -.- there should be another option to turn off green items popping up, i would never want them.

I agree. I don't know why the devs don't allow us to move it around the screen. Is it that difficult? This problem is going for too long and it's really annoying, especially when someone is picking up loot constantly during a fight.
  • razyldazlrazyldazl Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The green popping loot is annoying at first when I was new to pugging but I took it: as it is, and move on.
    Whines and Excuses were not attributed to a person, but of course if you point a mark on your back sooner or later someone would lose an arrow to it. If you PUG a lot it will became a quotidian with your runs thus I conclude, it will become a reflex.

Going back to the topic:
    Since I pug a lot, I always pick the loot during the fight as to not waste time running back to it when all the mobs are dead. It saves us time, and as far as I remember I don't have anyone complaining about it.

trust me they are....