test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ToD tricks and tips.

query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
1. Netflix
Proceeding through the campaign takes a preposterous number of secrets, lore, etc. So to move forward at a snail's pace you really need to clear every zone every day. I recomend finding an entertaining but not overly engaging series on Netflix. So for instance in Neverdeeath clear the first mission then check the timer on Charthraxis and go to your video using the timer on it to know when you have to return and kill the dragon. Parks and Recreation is good for this as it is mildly entertaining but stopping it every few minutes really does not interfere with immersion.

2. ADD.
Attention Deficit disorder has been erroneously labeled a disability. In fact it is an essential skill for grinding up belts. After a few hours working all your toons through every zone leave each at the dragon spawn point in Whisper or Rothe. After each dragon battle spastically switch between toons to find out which has the lowest timer and then find out if Ron Swanson is going to say anything clever this episode. If you were not blessed with ADD try loading up on sugar and coffee as it has a similar effect.

3. Mail.
The campaign (and now events) are chock full of bound items that are unsellable and unsalvageable. So to make space mail everything possible to yourself or some alt. Those leadership alts are also warehouse space, never forget it. And since there is a never-ending torrent of campaign currency eating up your limited inventory mail every scrap of unbound currency to your alts immediately.

4. Patience
Dragon Gems have dropped several hundred thousand on the AH and will only continue to do so. why waste AD now in the hopes that RNG will actually give you the proper weapon when all content is perfectly playable with existing gear? As more drop and more players finally get the proper peice of equipmnent the price is sure to drop.

5. Yog-Sothoth
While RNG is the God most adventurers pray to have you considered submitting your will and sanity to Yog-Sothoth? It is said that he sees all and so may provide some insight as to which instance is least crowded. And even if not isn't the eldritch chanting and the gibbering madness of the return of the Old Gods in some ways preferable to runing Shores until your eyes bleed?
Zazii, Zamaii, Puidmon the Powerful,
Sedon the Strong, El, Yod, He, Vau, He,
Iah, Agla, protect me and help me when I summon the Gate!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Nicely done :D

If I was to offer a tip for this game, it would be - dont get caught up in it
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    query523 wrote: »

5. Yog-Sothoth
    While RNG is the God most adventurers pray to have you considered submitting your will and sanity to Yog-Sothoth? It is said that he sees all and so may provide some insight as to which instance is least crowded. And even if not isn't the eldritch chanting and the gibbering madness of the return of the Old Gods in some ways preferable to runing Shores until your eyes bleed?
    Zazii, Zamaii, Puidmon the Powerful,
    Sedon the Strong, El, Yod, He, Vau, He,
    Iah, Agla, protect me and help me when I summon the Gate!

edit that as tsr already got in trouble for including lovecraft lore in their game (dieties and demigods :P
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm preferring audio books while waiting to netflix. Pretty bad that I need some other entertainment to get thru dragon dailies without rage quitting.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah I forgot to add actual books. I've simply run out of new ones. With 6 toons I can go through a novel or two a day. Have an Amazon order coming through.
  • lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited September 2014
    Podcasts are free and often educational. Learn while you wait.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    Yeah I forgot to add actual books. I've simply run out of new ones. With 6 toons I can go through a novel or two a day. Have an Amazon order coming through.

If you seriously want recommendations on books, if you like fantasy lit, I'd recommend Brandon Sanderson, maybe start with Mistborn.
    lycragirl wrote: »

I prefer comedy podcasts. If I want to learn something I want it from something more reputable than your average podcast.
    edited September 2014
    Actually been moving away from genre fiction the last few years. Reading a lot of cog-sci stuff lately like Gladwell and Pink. Just finished Khaneman's Thinking Fast and Slow. If someone I already like puts out something new I pick it up but mostly cognitive stuff and econ nowadays...
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sounds like a seconds job.
  • sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited September 2014
    I've chosen breaking down and stopping doing them altogether. Combined with the waiting for the Summer Festival, it chased away the desire to 'play'. 'Playing' has never been this boring. So. Much. Waiting.
  • lycragirllycragirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 53
    edited September 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    If you seriously want recommendations on books, if you like fantasy lit, I'd recommend Brandon Sanderson, maybe start with Mistborn.

I prefer comedy podcasts. If I want to learn something I want it from something more reputable than your average podcast.

I have 7 mins till Merothrax, so I will take this opportunity to heartily recommend The infinite Monkey cage, which combines both comedy and science.

I tend to use the BBC for my podcasts, so feel fairly sure that the information is reliable.
  • asmodeus451asmodeus451 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Youtube get me through waiting for the Dragons personally
    Tenebris lux mea est
  • masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thread that was divinely inspired.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lycragirl wrote: »

I prefer my Podcasts to be crazy.
    I mean ranting, hallucinating, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-flingingly crazy.
    If at least one person on the show is not convinced that they are being menaced by The Intergalactic Space Lizards From Another Dimension it's not crazy enough for me.
    THAT'S entertainment.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thread of the year.

what year? all of them.

podcasts are great. but I prefer to listen to music.
    being an old Dead-head nearly every show they ever did, that's over 2300, is available for free listening on archive.org.

since many of their shows were 3 hours+ that's almost 7000 hours of music (291 days) - that should just barely be enough to finish this campaign :P
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I go with youtube/music typically.

Lately been rewatching Indiana Jones, and watched Predator, "GET TO THE CHOPPA!".
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    edited September 2014
    masizin777 wrote: »
    thread that was divinely inspired.

It was divinely inspired. Great Sothoth speaks to me in dreams and whispers. I even know the true plot behind the lightning pots. They were put there to spread dissention in our ranks. Because I truely hate all those worthless theives who grab the pots while I am clearing the mobs. But we have plans for them don't we Great ONE! Yes when you return to this realm they will suffer.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Just AFK near the dragons.

Its a waste of time trying to actually try to be near the top of the dps/heal/buff meters
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Sounds like a seconds job.
    sugarlies wrote: »
    I've chosen breaking down and stopping doing them altogether. Combined with the waiting for the Summer Festival, it chased away the desire to 'play'. 'Playing' has never been this boring. So. Much. Waiting.

I actually agree to a degree. If the new campaign is THIS boring to you ... as unfortunate as it is, you're perhaps better off elsewhere.

I'm fairly worried by this direction in the Modules. Are the new Modules just ... more boons, campaigns, grinds? I don't know.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    I actually agree to a degree. If the new campaign is THIS boring to you ... as unfortunate as it is, you're perhaps better off elsewhere.

Here is the problem, to keep up with the power creep from boons, you are forced to do these boring dailies.

I really wish they were optional.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If doing all dragons, I hop from one zone to another looking for an acceptable timer. By cycling through them, I can usually find something that allows just enough time to get there, pick up quests, and maybe finish the other daily. If I'm not having any luck, I run the lair bit, and maybe the dragon will be up when I come out. I might go to IWD for Return on Investment/Need for Mead in there as well.

I'm also playing in the same room as my husband. Rather than being grouped up the whole time, we run around separately and invite for needed dragons.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited September 2014
    Here is the problem, to keep up with the power creep from boons, you are forced to do these boring dailies.

I really wish they were optional.

Probably the hardest content out right now is Epic Lair. I've been clearing it fairly easilly in T2 with a T2.5 weapon set and epic Artifacts. I suppose oin top- end PVP you will need all of the toys. Msybe in Mod5 there will be some content that requres more.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    10/10 I would read this again. Great comedy to put attention to something that you have concerns about. I like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.