test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PETS Q] - GF - DPS / Tank PVE hybrid

fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hello,

What pets i should pick for PVE/Hybrid tank DPS GF ?

[Ioun Stone of Might]
[Honey Badger]

those 2 for sure what about others ?

[Aranea] ???
[Fire Archon] ???
[Pseudodragon] ???
[Rust Monster] ???
[Blacksmith] ???

i am confused help me out plz.

(PS, AD is not the problem )
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by fauust01 on

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Dunno if they tweaked it, but the renegade evoker is pretty nice once upgraded.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Pseudodragon is a great choice for all the stamina gain.

Rust monster giving enemies a dmg debuff makes you a little more tanky.

Pig is a very underrated companion. Giving you hp when you are controlled and since gf have much hp, it is very affective. Also upgraded makes the affect more, going to max of 2% hp healed every second you are controlled.

Also will-o-wisp with control resist and control bonus is good, making your prones/stuns last longer and enemies less affective against you.

Edit: Of course cat is probably the best summoned companion then the ioun stones are second, since they augment your stats they are always a great choice. The others I listed are ones with very helpful active bonuses.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xd108xxd108x Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Personally my GF uses the Acolyte of Kelemvore as it gives you life steal to help keep you alive, along with a buff/shield that reduces damage to you. I'm slowly savin up celestial coins for the Angel of Protection tho, should be even better for a tank I hope :)

I am also currently making a GWF tank and chose the Blacksmith for him as I intend him to be gettin hit a lot then the active bonus could be quite useful. Imo companions that buff/protect you, or debuff enemies, have an on-hit active bonus are most useful to a GF :)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mine runs Dire Wolf, Blacksmith, Rust Monster and has a Stone of Might for his augment. I've had this setup for a long time and it works well.

My fifth slot was just whatever green companion I felt like at the time, but I recently bound an Alchemical Experimenter to my GF for some roleplay reasons and I absolutely love it as a summoned companion even though the active bonus on it isn't that exciting. It procs bonding runestones a lot because it has a really short cooldown on both abilities. He also heals your party and any NPCs that are following you (reservoir guardians, for example).

There are probably better choices from a strict powergaming perspective but I have no regrets.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia