test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dissapointed with Patch

akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Well I logged into the forums today to take a look at the patch notes and I am extremely dissapointed that none of the issues for the Summer Festival were fixed. Unless there is more stuff fixed than listed than this event was pretty much useless (at least from my viewpoint)

Everything is still bound on Pickup instead of equip
Collection for TR's is still not able to be completed. One of the trowels are missing.

The only reason I am even doing anything in this event is to complete the collections section and that is not possible. I can only get one mount (already had boar from last year) unless i spend real money to get trade bars. I have enough petals but that missing trowel is going to sit there staring at me blankly until at least next year, and that is only if they do something amazing and actually track the bug from year to year or it will still be missing next year.

I realize the bound issue is something larger than the event but you think the trowel item would be easily fixable. Hell the most likely problem is that they are named exactly the same thing. I posted a bug report about this day 1 and talked to Akro about it over a week and half ago.

Very dissapointed in how this event ended up.
Post edited by akemnos on

Comments

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't care about pig mount being BOP as it was BOP last year too. But the fact they done nothing to so called "flower ninjas"...speechless.
  • Options
    rehabrosesrehabroses Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    umm you really expect them to wag their finger at players saying "now now..you stop stealing those flowers!" Just pick the flowers first before fighting the mobs. What I like to do is, run up to the flowers, pick them. Not even fight the mobs. Run to next patch, pick...run some more pick...all these mobs now chasing me but it's okay because I got potions! Yeah POTIONS!

Then when you do your amazing round of picking..psstt I'm not dressed like a ninja while doing it! Then you run out to the merchant and hey...the mobs leave you alone! Wow...what a concept!

Bravo Neverwinter. You made my job as a non-ninja accused of being a ninja even though I'm not stealthy or sneaky easy. Thanks!

Now you go try it!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I don't care about pig mount being BOP as it was BOP last year too. But the fact they done nothing to so called "flower ninjas"...speechless.
    The flower bushes can be used in combat. So, instead of killing the mobs first, rush in there and loot the flowers then kill the mobs.
  • Options
    stevebobbstevebobb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited September 2014
    where are these patch notes you've looked at, link?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No complaints here! Plenty of flowers for everyone and they regen fast - a little competition is a good thing. The g/f and I had a blast.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    The flower bushes can be used in combat. So, instead of killing the mobs first, rush in there and loot the flowers then kill the mobs.

That's a fix in my opinion. If everything was like that, grinding would be.. um.. less of a grind. =)

I don't pick flowers myself. My crazy Dwarf GF went there for a little while, just to dance with the npc's, but that's all I've seen of that area. haha

Edit- If what Mr Giggles says is true, then nay, 'tis not a fix. I can pick flowers and bleed at the same time, so let me! =D

There is a difference between being in combat, and taking damage.
    Some things are disallowed while in combat, regardless of whether you are taking damage or not. Some things are allowed in combat, but are interrupted if you take damage. And some things are honey badger... they do not give a.... XD
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As has been pointed out before, you can't do this because their attack interrupts your flower gathering unless you manage to get in a spot where you're in the "attention but not attacking" distance. You have to fight first. And while you are fighting, all their attention is on you so the ninja can just casually use the flowers.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    rehabrosesrehabroses Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not true Mrgiggles. Try it. Oh yeah and if you see someone with trail of mobs circling around and maybe taking the time to hit players with water balloons, that might be me. If you call me a ninja, I'll laugh. It was my nickname once upon a time :D
  • Options
    metaplexusmetaplexus Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As has been pointed out before, you can't do this because their attack interrupts your flower gathering unless you manage to get in a spot where you're in the "attention but not attacking" distance.

This is not true, at least I have no problem them swinging at me like crazy while I just pick the flowers up. Please post a linkt to a discussion where this was pointed as a fact.
  • Options
    stevebobbstevebobb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 47
    edited September 2014

Thanks! just after I posted that they appeared, and I found them. :D
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As has been pointed out before, you can't do this because their attack interrupts your flower gathering unless you manage to get in a spot where you're in the "attention but not attacking" distance. You have to fight first. And while you are fighting, all their attention is on you so the ninja can just casually use the flowers.

Nope, only kobolt with shield is doing that, its his "ultimate skill", before it happens u will get ur flowers, problem is when u r not a gwf or tr, CA of mobs can smash ur face all over the place ^^ So u can prolly only take flowers -> smash mobs, while gwf can take up to 10 flowers and then smash that little army of mobs around him ( one avalanche is enought tho). Cheers. ;)

• Options
    tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Okay [sarcasm] it's going to take 3 hours to make that little fix[/sarcasm]... now how about telling us what else is happening, like with the ZAX and the account server maintenance that has been mentioned.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Water consumables being boe wouldve been awesome. They should've at least made the pig companion boe like last year. Mine got stolen last year and I had it stored on my storage toon for safe keeping. Didn't bother with the event this year. No reason to waste my time. Maybe I'll do it a little bit during the height but meh. Last year guildies wanted me to CN and I was too busy picking flowers. This year I'm just spending most of my time doing dailies instead.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    That is completely untrue. Picking these flowers cannot be interrupted except by a player if you happen to be in a duel with them. Player (PvP) stuns would interrupt. If you are being interrupted by NPCs, then you need to report that as a bug report.