test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bigger maps and higher asset limit?

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Foundry
I'm using the biggest maps aviable and I'm already near the limit for assets. and I still would like to be able to shape bigger areas, like the areas that are actually in game, they're much bigger than the biggeest foundry maps and have much more details too.
I wish we could have bigger maps (maybe 4000x40000 or something and much higher detail limit, maybe 6000-7000 or something like that.
I want to shape areas that actually feel big and encourage exploration, but for now I can only do so much before I run out of assets or map space...
Would you like to have bigger maps and a higher asset limit too?
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Yes! I mentioned this on another thread earlier in a different forum. I, for one, want to be able to recreate cities. I mean, wouldn't that be awesome? Go into a city with a group of friends just to roleplay in? Make your own adventures and whatnot. I would also like to be ale to put more NPCs too, because a city needs life.

Even just some kind of wild and dark forest adventure would be great with a huge map so you can set mobs out in different areas.

Heck, I would just love some kind of terrain builder too.

*sigh* To dream.
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yeah, I'm doing a dark forest now, and I want to have several optional areas for those who enjoy exploring, but everything is too close together and it's not the same. :S
    I'd love to make a whole city too!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, it would be nice to be able to do this without using multiple maps. I would always support higher detail limits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Back in beta, a dev explained in technical detail the reason for the object limit. The tldr version: graphics reasons and the limit isnt an arbitrary number picked out of a hat.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, they raised the limit a few months ago, so I'm guessing they can optimize things to allow us to put more stuff. on maps at least.
    2e2qwj6.jpg