test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Quest Randomly Unpublished?

wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Foundry
I logged in today to find that my contest entry: "Tomb of the White Dragon" was no longer published. There were no tasks in the publisher, so I'm re-publishing it.

Did that happen to anyone else? My other quests were fine.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, thanks for this notice. I just checked mine, and sure enough, it's unpublished.
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wininoid wrote: »
    I logged in today to find that my contest entry: "Tomb of the White Dragon" was no longer published. There were no tasks in the publisher, so I'm re-publishing it.

Did that happen to anyone else? My other quests were fine.

Same here. Re-published. Test run seems ok, so far.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I ended up having to re-publish all my quests. Not a big deal, just a bit annoying.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, mine never went back up on its own (might have eventually, they always seem to come up gradually) so I republished mine. Luckily it didn't appear that anything was broken (except maybe a music cue that wasn't working properly BEFORE update either).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep - pretty standard post module upgrade. Seems like they re-publish all the featured, then all the best, then all the regular, then all the new, then all the review, and sometimes they get republished, and sometimes they don't. It might just be that they haven't "gotten around to" republish your particular quest.

Or, sometimes it's that the quest fails the "new and improved" language filter test so they don't republish it.

Usually once foundry comes back up everyone just tries to republish anything that didn't already.
  • vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm very glad for this thread. I just joined the game back in June, and so this was my first experience with a new module launch, and didn't know what was normal, and what was not. Thanks Eldarth for the brief summary why.
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.