test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you get the stats to get to Kessels Retreat?

damsel1988damsel1988 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
In order to get to/skirmish to Kessel's Retreat you have to have at least 20% black ice resistance.
In order to craft the armor that gives you this, you need as part of the parts required a plain black ice item.
The ONLY plain black ice items are a bit different for each class, but for instance for Rogue you can get/craft Helmet, Dagger, Armor, boots.

Armor and Dagger can only be crafted on level 3 of the crafting skill which you get a REAL lot later. In order to get to the high class crafting, you have to be way past Kessel's REtreat.

So ok, How are you supposed to have min 20% black Ice resistance if there is no way to get the armor to give you that resistance. I have helm and boots which give me 18%. You cannot buy the armor it has to be crafted by YOU.
So ok, you have to be lucky and find the item doing Heroics. But I can play 24/24 if I need to,have played about 12 hours daily for three weeks now with three char classes and do as many Heroics as I possibly can, and have not gotten any item like that.

OK, some are lucky and some are not. But I cannot see myself running around day in day out chasing heroics in order to maybe get the item I need, especially since heroics happen when you maybe are on the other side of the map, it is not really shown whether an ACTIVE heroic is taking place, and if it shows, then you have no idea where it is and you probably will only get there near the end.

OK some people say I am maybe stupid not to work it out but I do have a university degree.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can go to the black ice forge and you can buy 4 pieces of unrefined black ice gear. For me (DC) its armor, boots, icon, and helm. These then can be refined into corrupted or purified black ice gear through the black ice crafting profession. This will give you more than enough resistance I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What zsh says. You have to grind IWD for a bit to get the black ice needed and the rep to rank up the crafting to create the actual black ice gear with the resistence. But the armor,head,boots,offhand you all purchase from a vendor, then craft into the black ice gear.

Just ignore the bracers/weapon, while your doing dailies hit up some heroics, if it drops it drops. If not the armor/head/boots will give you 10% each so you just need 2 of those.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Gather enough Black Ice to purchase 4 pieces of gear at the forge in Caer-Konig. Then craft those pieces into either Cleansed or Corrupted items, your preference. Once you have done so you can equip them, which will put you at 22% or there abouts, and enter Kessel's Retreat. You do not need the nearly impossible to get HE drops to enter. I completed the entire campaign chart before unlocking Kessel's Retreat I saved that for last.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • damsel1988damsel1988 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No, you don't only need "two of those", because two give you 18% and you need 20%
    The other gear you can buy at the vendor is for instance like said above "armor boots icon and helmet (DC)
    BUT you can have as much ice as you want, your crafting skill is only level 2 and with that you can craft only boots, helmet and gloves.
    So I craft helmet and boots but CANNOT craft gloves because no gloves AT VENDOR
    Also cannot craft anything else becaue vendor only sells four items, and icon you can also only craft at level 3 crafting.

But you do NOT get level 3 crafting until way past Kessel's. WAY PAST. But you cannot get to level 3 crafting unless you first do Kessels.

So i has absolutely NOTHING to do with how much black Ice I have. I can have all the black ice in the world but if I do not have only one of the ingredients (say gloves, of plain ice) you cannot craft it.
  • damsel1988damsel1988 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    With regard to not need Kessel's and can do the whole campaign, does it not unlock a new area? I see plenty of other area and quests therein and they are black on my map still even though there is quest icon inside the black area.

I don't know why it is so hard to understand. You can buy all 4 items at vendor. YOu can craft two of those with your crafting skill of level 2 at that stage of the game, but the other two you cannot craft because you need level 3 crafting for two of them.

YOu cannot get to lavel 3 crafting until you have basically done all the campains boxes till near end.
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    You can get to Level 3 crafting without doing Kessel's Retreat. Kessel's Retreat is a branch off of the main campaign chart, it does not imped advancing in other areas. As I said previously, I completed the entire campaign chart, and then completed Kessel's Retreat, after getting my Black Ice crafting to Level 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    damsel1988 wrote: »
    No, you don't only need "two of those", because two give you 18% and you need 20%
    The other gear you can buy at the vendor is for instance like said above "armor boots icon and helmet (DC)
    BUT you can have as much ice as you want, your crafting skill is only level 2 and with that you can craft only boots, helmet and gloves.
    So I craft helmet and boots but CANNOT craft gloves because no gloves AT VENDOR
    Also cannot craft anything else becaue vendor only sells four items, and icon you can also only craft at level 3 crafting.

But you do NOT get level 3 crafting until way past Kessel's. WAY PAST. But you cannot get to level 3 crafting unless you first do Kessels.

So i has absolutely NOTHING to do with how much black Ice I have. I can have all the black ice in the world but if I do not have only one of the ingredients (say gloves, of plain ice) you cannot craft it.

Huh? My head and boots say 10% black ice resistance. 10+10=20 as far as I was aware.

EDIT: OK OK i checked it. Your right its like 8%. You empower the gear using more black ice than its 10% so 10+10=20 So get head/boots, craft into black ice gear, empower it to t3. Boom 20%, enter kessel and enjoy. I think you missed the part where you empower the gear to get more stats from it. You can empower it by clickin on your moneys tab (zen,AD, gold, black ice) and then click use on the black ice option.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Huh? My head and boots say 10% black ice resistance. 10+10=20 as far as I was aware.

EDIT: OK OK i checked it. Your right its like 8%. You empower the gear using more black ice than its 10% so 10+10=20 So get head/boots, craft into black ice gear, empower it to t3. Boom 20%, enter kessel and enjoy. I think you missed the part where you empower the gear to get more stats from it. You can empower it by clickin on your moneys tab (zen,AD, gold, black ice) and then click use on the black ice option.

Whew finally someone gives out the good info here. As said you only need 2 empowered black ice gear to get in.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You need two fully empowered (up to tier 3) BI items to get 20%.
    You can buy the boots and hat and craft them up to corrupt/pure at BI rank 2.

So to sum up:

1. get BI skill to rank 2
    2. purchase boots and hat from the vendor (costs BI)
    3. craft them to corrupt/pure (costs a lot of BI)
    4. empower them to tier III (costs more BI)

As you can see, it takes a lot of refined BI so do all the daily/weekly quests and keep refining going 24/7. It helps if you buy purple crafting dudes and/or tools. They aren't cheap, but not overly expensive. I assume since you have 2 characters that completed both the first 2 expansions you have a least 2-3 million AD layin around so it should be no prob.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    damsel1988 wrote: »
    In order to get to/skirmish to Kessel's Retreat you have to have at least 20% black ice resistance.
    In order to craft the armor that gives you this, you need as part of the parts required a plain black ice item.
    The ONLY plain black ice items are a bit different for each class, but for instance for Rogue you can get/craft Helmet, Dagger, Armor, boots.

Armor and Dagger can only be crafted on level 3 of the crafting skill which you get a REAL lot later. In order to get to the high class crafting, you have to be way past Kessel's REtreat.

So ok, How are you supposed to have min 20% black Ice resistance if there is no way to get the armor to give you that resistance. I have helm and boots which give me 18%. You cannot buy the armor it has to be crafted by YOU.
    So ok, you have to be lucky and find the item doing Heroics. But I can play 24/24 if I need to,have played about 12 hours daily for three weeks now with three char classes and do as many Heroics as I possibly can, and have not gotten any item like that.

OK, some are lucky and some are not. But I cannot see myself running around day in day out chasing heroics in order to maybe get the item I need, especially since heroics happen when you maybe are on the other side of the map, it is not really shown whether an ACTIVE heroic is taking place, and if it shows, then you have no idea where it is and you probably will only get there near the end.

OK some people say I am maybe stupid not to work it out but I do have a university degree.

they changed something? i played kessel in just 2 bi set parts boots and helm this gave me enough bi resist to enter kessel