test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New CW bug: chill strike= pull?

gertrude4lifegertrude4life Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Bear with me while I try to recreate this with words.
My skill bar was loaded as:
Chill strike-->Icy terrain==> Shard of the endless avalanche--> Shield--> Chilling cloud--> Ray of frost
The two passives were arcane presence and chilling presence

While killing red wizards in dread ring (the ones that have the iron golems and two disciple mages standing with them) I put down icy terrain while using chilling cloud, then use Chill strike to boost dps, while shield is activated. Mobs become stuck with icy terrain, then massive damage to iron golem, while the icy terrain bleeds damage to the rest of the group.

Before the patch it was wash- rinse- repeat until group is down, but now, after chill strike is activated, the red wizard throws something that pulls me to it and interrupts my other spells. They're still stuck because of icy terrain, but they're pulling me like the lizard hunters with the nets in skyhold .

I tested the skill changes on the preview server and never saw this effect until tonight on the live server, which is why I'm thinking it's a bug, but it is possible that the red wizards have had their skills modified and this is just the way they work now.