test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interest Check - Fanart competition?

tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Art and Fiction
Just as a general interest check, how many people would be interested in a NW fanart competition?

The entries would be allowable as cosplay, traditional drawing, painting, sculpture, digital drawing/painting, 3D modelling.

I would offer a prize of 20mill AD once I get 5 entries, then add an extra 1mill per entry for a maximum of 50mill AD.

The entries would be judged by a public poll in the forums with 1st taking 50% of the prize pot, 2nd takes 30% and 3rd takes the remaining 20%.
RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
Post edited by tang56 on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't want to come over as cynical, but isn't this going to end up just being a case of who has the most guildies (or alt accounts)?
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    While I would prefer an In-Game costume contest to show off what we can do with the offered items, but I could see this working. Although, the Public Pole is a bit of a problem. Possibly a combination system, with two Cryptic/World folks AND the Pole, with two out of three votes taking the spot.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited August 2014
    As others mentioned, I'm a little worried by the "public poll" thing.

Unfortunately, I do not art. I'd love to see entries, but I guess you'll have to see if there are enough people willing to make entries (which I guess is the purpose of this forum thread).

If you can get working with Cryptic folks, maybe you can offer more exciting prizes (like in-game mounts/items or something). Just a thought. :)
  • lenorettalenoretta Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i want i want i want :D fan art is like dead lately D: