test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback for Developers: Enchantment drop rates

abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Artifact weapons and belts are being introduced in Module 4. Once Module 4 hits the new "gotta have" BiS gear will require a few million refining points (as an estimate) in order to reach their full potential. Also new artifacts with pretty ridiculous stats are being released. This comes on the heels of Module 3 where numerous artifacts were introduced which strapped the supply of enchantments to where they about tripled in price.

Now, anyone with any basic sense of supply and demand can see where this is headed. Prices for Rank 4 and 5 enchantments, peridots, shards, and all other sources of refining points are about to go through the roof (even more so). That will also cause Weapon and armor enchantment prices to go through the roof (again, even more so). You're introducing several massive refining point sinks and at the same time you have choked off the supply. Banning people who were using the old refining system to mass produce rank 5 enchantments is appropriate, but also wipes out the supply of enchantments the player base relied on to upgrade their enchantments and artifacts. In addition, the enchantment drop rates in Icewind Dale have been reduced to pitiful levels leaving no real option for players to farm their own refining points.

When Module 4 goes live there will no longer be any legitimate way for a player to gather enough refining points to ever upgrade all of the things they want to upgrade. The prices on the auction house will be astronomical (you think anyone will be happy to spend an entire day's worth of rough AD refinement on three rank 5's?). As a result you will see more and more people turn scripting programs to create bots, and third-party gold-sellers to get the refining points they want. Someone wanting to legitimately grind out their own refining points will need to spend years to finally get enough on their own.

The situation will be very, very unappealing to new players and vets alike.

The goal should be for people to progress their characters through time invested or through the zen store. The "time invested" option is going to vanish as hundreds of hours still won't be enough to make a dent in all of the refining point sinks that are being introduced.

Please reconsider the enchantment drop rates going forward. They are simply too low. I can spend hours running around Icewind Dale with three Fey Blessing enchantments equipped and still only walk away with enough refining points to upgrade one of my artifacts one level. There is a problem with that. And it's only going to get worse with Artifact weapons and belts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by abaddon523 on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    +1 I get why the drop rate in Kessells retreat was reduced because it dropped far too many enchantments but I don't understand why they reduced the drop rate of enchantments in regular maps at the exact same time as they choked off the supply of illicit enchantments , lately it is like the developers have a them and us mentality and they seem to be hitting us with blow after blow that is just making the game a chore to bother playing instead of being fun to play. Such a shame as well really because they finally seem to be getting some stuff right and heading in a good direction with module 4.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • atarcanatarcan Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2014
    I believe nerf in enchantment drops is intended, their way of conducting business.

See, tradebar wards became BOP, rising prices moved players to buy wards on the store and increase sales. (I bought around 6 during the sale for example. 375k price a piece was a steal if you had to incentive to open your wallet)

Same is happening with refinement points. Drop rates reduced followed by a reward event for refinement items suggests it's coal wards all over again. They are trying to make Zen Store refinement items viable by reducing the supply on AH, simple.

Considering artifacts in Mod 4 are no brainer for both PVE and PVP for almost all classes it'll be far worse for us. It's time to stockpile fey enchants. Prices are already over the roof, it'll be way higher in mod 4...
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Fyi in the new mod 4 campaign you can acquire a new enchant to drop refining stones i.e. white pearls or peridots from what it looks like.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter