test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bronzewood Enchant

yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all I'm starting this thread cause i need some feedback on the Bronzewood enchantment. I'm a cw with a penetration stat of 24% and would like to know if it works as suggested, by lowering Armor, and does it work with Armor penetration or is it broken? If i use it can i lower my ArmPen stat and allocate these points to another stat, like power, and still maintain the 24% cap? I know that the best enchants are Plaguefire and Vorpal but i would like to try something else too. Afterall it's a shame that a good deal of enchants are unwanted and ignored due to ICDs. A pity really.

Edit : I have tested it and you can see the results on a comment i made below. I found it to be very effective, it buffs damage considerably and have already upgraded it to a Greater. I Highly recommend it as an alternative to Plague and Vorpal.
It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
Post edited by yperkeimenos on

Comments

• Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not only does it have an ICD but it also only works for you. It's basically a poor mans plaguefire, but it is definitely cost effective since it's so cheap. I made the mistake of buying a greater bronzewood for 1.2m not realising there was no lesser version. That was a profit making failure.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yes,but i know for a fact that its debuff lasts 8-10 secs so basically it really is on cooldown for only 10-12 secs (20secs cooldown-10secs active). That is a reasonable tradeoff for the benefit of more damage i would get from an increased power stat.A greater bronzewood reduces enemy armor,according to tooltip,by 12%. 12% of ArmPen is roughly 1200 points that i could allocate to power for an increase of 9% in damage. I'm currently using some dark enchants to increase ArmPen that i could replace with radiants if Bronzewood works.
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes,but i know for a fact that its debuff lasts 8-10 secs so basically it really is on cooldown for only 10-12 secs (20secs cooldown-10secs active). That is a reasonable tradeoff for the benefit of more damage i would get from an increased power stat.A greater bronzewood reduces enemy armor,according to tooltip,by 12%. 12% of ArmPen is 1200 points that i could allocate to power for an increase of 9% in damage. I'm currently using some dark enchants to increase ArmPen that i could replace with radiants if Bronzewood works.

Forget what the tooltip says. It increases your damage by 12% regardless of your ArP (like any other echantment/buffer does in PvE), so, you'd better have between 20-22% of ArP.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    Forget what the tooltip says. It increases your damage by 12% regardless of your ArP (like any other echantment/buffer does in PvE), so, you'd better have between 20-22% of ArP.

If what you say is true then a 12% increase in damage is not bad at all,considering its price and the medium effective cooldown of 10 secs. So basically if they were to rework enchants and remove or reduce the cooldown this enchant would be equal or better than plague which increases damage by roughly 9%(45% Debuff on defence).
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If what you say is true then a 12% increase in damage is not bad at all,considering its price and the medium effective cooldown of 10 secs. So basically if they were to rework enchants and remove or reduce the cooldown this enchant would be equal or better than plague which increases damage by roughly 9%(45% Debuff on defence).

It is true, trust me :p

The fact is the 12% increase is for only half of the time (it lasts for 10s and has a cooldown of 20s), so it actually grants a 6% DPS increase. Also, PF grants a DPS increase for the whole party, not only for you as Bronzewood does.

I use a greater bronzewood on my GF, but I think there are better options for a CW (Vorpal/PF).
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    It is true, trust me :p

The fact is the 12% increase is for only half of the time (it lasts for 10s and has a cooldown of 20s), so it actually grants a 6% DPS increase. Also, PF grants a DPS increase for the whole party, not only for you as Bronzewood does.

I use a greater bronzewood on my GF, but I think there are better options for a CW (Vorpal/PF).

Totally agree, however there is a catch. Since plaguefire debuffs don't stuck, if another cw, in the party, has it(a very likely scenario) i will do minimal fire damage with my own plague, whereas with a bronzewood i would debuff and increase my damage output, without problems, by 6% for Greater and 8% for perfect. Also i considered the fact that plaguefire debuffs,in order to be effective, have to be maintained ,by casting spells, constantly whereas Bronzewood debuff stays on for 10 secs no matter what. What do you think.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ok guys,i bought a Normal one, tested it for a while and here are the results.

1)Bronzewood Debuff applies itself for 10secs not only to the mobs i cast it on,but on any new ones that enter the spells radius as well. That is to say if i cast ,say COI,on a monster and after 3secs another monster enters Cois radius it will be affected by the debuff for the remaining 7secs. That is a very interesting detail made more interesting by the fact that for the 10 secs that Bronzewood is active its effect can be applied to multiple enemies by different encounter powers. So in the above example if i casted coi on a group of monsters and after 5 secs threw a shard at another group that group would be affected by Bronzewood too for the remaining 5 secs.

2)Even though it has a 20 sec cooldown, it lasts for 10 secs and because of the way it applies itself to enemies,it feels like it's always on. My pve fights don't usually last more than 15 secs(on average) so if you also consider the time it takes from one fight to the next, Bronzewood is almost always ready and up for use.I only slightly noticed its cooldown phase however, as with all cooldown enchants, it does take some timing to make the most of it.

3)It doesn't proc by at-wills but only encounters,but when applied, it affects encounters and at-wills alike. That was useful because i could fire an at-will,to draw a mob, and not activate it earlier than i wanted to.

4)Due to the fact that its on most of the time , the buff to damage is more than half of the one described on its tooltip. So at perfect rank you would get 16% damage buff half the time for an average of 8% (20 secs cooldown - 10 secs active). However if you take into consideration that a pve fight will most likely be over by that time and that some time is needed to proceed to the next one ,then Bronzewood is on for more than 50% of the time. That means on average the damage buff for a perfect is more than the 8% calculated.

5)It is indeed fire and forget,which means that ,unlike plague,you don't have to cast spells constantly to refresh its effect.

6)Since it buffs only the players damage its potency shows more in a group where another member is using plaguefire. If you used a plague too then you would be doing only 7,5% of weapon damage + 2,5%. With Bronze you would see more than 8% average increase on your DPS.However this is situational since you might be the only one using the plague.

Concluding i have to say that it's a very underrated and underestimated enchant. It has a very good Utility/Price ratio and would recommend it,for PVE, especially on a Druid(if it comes out as a class:rolleyes:) because of its leafy nature theme. Also it is my belief that at some point all enchants will be reworked and if the cooldown is reduced, this enchant,including others with cooldowns,will skyrocket in both price and utility. All in all i think I'll be keeping it.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Are you sure it will go to perfect?
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    lwedar wrote: »
    Are you sure it will go to perfect?

Bronzewood? Of course. At perfect, you spew butterflies, too.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I had made a GPF after endless grinding for nearly 4 months.At that time it was a mediocre priced enchant.
    Since the GWF changes many GWFs considered bought one and its prize skyrocketed.I sold the dam crappy GPF and i got with the AD:One Angel of Protection,one rust monster 3 gauntlets for BI Proffesion a Barkshield and a perfect Bronzewood :P

^^
    To the point now:I saw an enormous DPS increase with a Bronzewood.I am a GF and i had tested the GPF with a simple Bronzewood before i bough the perfect.(i bought the simple from AH for 52k AD :P )
    I had tested it on dummies.
    Surprisingly enough the GPF with the simple BW were on par in damage.Around 8-9%.The perfect with 16% beats GPF hands dawn.
    About iCD.I learned that now.Even if its true some forget about GPF that in order to have the 3 stacks applied you must attack continually.So they are on par.It is rare to have the 3 stacks most of the time.except if you do fast att wills.(TRs DF) or if you are in a fast attacking mode(Unstoppable).

Some said the GPF is for party while BW is for self.False.Enforced threat appies BW to all adds hit.

Myt conclusion is that for a high recovery toon(GF etc) BW is one of the best enchantements in game among with vorpal and GPF.
    It beats in dps hands dawn all other enchantements.
    i think perfect BW is best in slot for most GFs.(except some exotic high critical builds)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Some said the GPF is for party while BW is for self.False.Enforced threat appies BW to all adds hit.

GPF debuffs enemies to the entire team, BW debuffs them only for you. As a GF, that's not very useful for grouped content. My GF has a bronzewood but he doesn't really do grouped content and it was cheap. Enforced threat is debuffing all mobs for yourself only. The only thing making it viable is its price point.
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Not only does it have an ICD but it also only works for you. It's basically a poor mans plaguefire, but it is definitely cost effective since it's so cheap.

Uh?
    Holy avenger, Blethorn are cheaper. Terror s more or less the same price
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    Uh?
    Holy avenger, Blethorn are cheaper. Terror s more or less the same price

Normal: 77k AD
    Greaters were 700-1.2m AD or just make your own. Perfects are listed for an overpriced amount. There's also been a crash on prices of enchants so those have also gone down, though I have no idea why. Lots of lockboxes being opened? New exploit? Old players already have their enchants while new ones are too poor? Who knows.