What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Making Neverwinter a Better Place

13»

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Then there's the issue of the accounts getting hacked.
    Isn't the real issue a huge flaw in the confirmation emails/computer access codes system? As an experienced mod and former GM, I find it hard to believe that every buyer is infected with a keylogger, undetected by the average AV software. It might get past 1, but surely not 10, all of which are updated at least every other day. As a security officer myself, I know the battle against viruses is an ongoing and never-ending struggle, but you'd think that by now, after a year or so, AV software should be able to detect said keylogger. So they gain access to these accounts another way. Could you elaborate on that a little? I'm not asking for details, mind you. The less details about it openly on a forum, the better it is.
    It's not just people visiting those 3rd party sites getting hacked. I don't buy from 3rd parties and I don't bot. I was still hacked a while ago. There was no email in my email box from account guard and my email provider stated "That there was no pattern that would indicate unauthorized access" meaning from an ip located in a different geographical region from me.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Ohhhh in before a whole new wave of "banned unfairly" rage posts. Someone pass me the popcorn my weekend entertainment is looking up. :D

Evil grin...perfect :)