test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We need a pvp channel.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
For dungeons I play with people from the legit channel, however for pvp, (sorry my wonderful legit associates) the legit channel's not so good.

Pugging in pvp is a real dice toss, and acts as a glass ceiling on the leaderboard. Say you are a soloqueue pvp monster. To a point you'll be able to carry any team to victory. Beyond that point, the make up of your team becomes an increasing factor in how well you do, to the level where the opponents you meet are usually premade teams of reasonable skill, whereupon, you lose increasingly because one or more of your teamates is either a bot, or simply someone... erm, newish and undergearedish, that the queue system threw in as a last resort.

So, long and short, someone starting a pvp channel, where people who usually solo queue could make premades and partial premades, would be a plus, as the 'elite' pvp guilds (you know who you are lol) can be a wee bit picky.
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    There is already a channel where all the top PVPers join
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Care to pm me with it..? He11, I'd settle for 'competent' right now.
  • dustintheclouddustinthecloud Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There is already a channel where all the top PVPers join

that 1 is a drama channel....
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's not a pretty channel, to say the least.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    What's wrong with making a new one? Surely the PvP guilds can arrange something together if the /legit group can. Guild leaders/officers just have to moderate their own guildies and keep it clean. Don't make it an open channel, and give the officers the right to invite.

They don't need to make a new one because they already have this one. Plus this is the channel that all the previous top PVPers (who are out of the game for now) are accustomed to.
  • berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    join "PMvsPM".
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    berzergera wrote: »
    join "PMvsPM".

yeah best idea to write our channel in a public forum....PugsInvasion
  • heavenclaimyouheavenclaimyou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't worry mate we are not all interested for making a Premade pvp .

In the worst Scenario all you will get is more challenge with more poeple to play against .
    Delete the Perma Stealth Please !
  • berzergeraberzergera Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    yeah best idea to write our channel in a public forum....PugsInvasion
    "our channel" that channel was originally intended for premades to find premades, now is filled with <removed>.

im tired of all of them, and would like nothing more then to have new people join the channel.

SO EVERYBODY type /channel_join PMvsPM
  • damanhur89damanhur89 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Channel left in less than few minutes. Too many insults and not funny jokes.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    we need more pugs to flood that channel
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Moderation Notice:
    . . . Folks, it's never acceptable to post insulting comments, direct or indirect. Many posts have been removed and some edited. Please keep it civil and mature. No need to stoop to the level of the folks you're insulting. Also, dodging the censor filter is normally a banable offense, but I'm letting the few transgressions here slide by simple edits and removals. Please don't let that happen again!

. . . Please don't reply to this moderator notice, as that is not allowed. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    I wonder if any of the devs or community managers have ever lurked into that channel...
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I wonder if any of the devs or community managers have ever lurked into that channel...

They did, quite a while ago actually. We dumped the chan and made a new one. It's secret, if you don't know it, you're not welcome =). Too many pugs in pmvspm it's just drama and jokes, still fun to hang out in there though.
    Enemy Team
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I tried pmvspm, and hmm. Bit of a fail concerning picking up good teamates. Ah well, back to the soloqueue. Now we need a channel only people in the top 50 pages on the leaderboard can join. Erm, maybe. If I ever get back there.
  • damanhur89damanhur89 Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Instead of reworking the forum comments, use your intellect to ban players who write terrible comments on the game chat. Seriously, Devs and Moderators, you get picky on silly matters of the game, and you are far too lose on serious matters that could make the game a better experience. I am really disgusted by your work.
  • dustintheclouddustinthecloud Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »
    They did, quite a while ago actually. We dumped the chan and made a new one. It's secret, if you don't know it, you're not welcome =). Too many pugs in pmvspm it's just drama and jokes, still fun to hang out in there though.

TRUE**P?

Is that 1 i guess...
  • caldrecaldre Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    TruePvP was started by someone not in pmvspm as far as I'm aware.. It mainly consists of people from Grievance, GODMODES guild and only like half a dozen from the top PvP guilds, most of which went to their PvP guild having started in a lower end guild, which is where they were invited to the channel. It's more a channel to group up, then do premades.