test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NPC follow and friendly encounter follow don't work?

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Foundry
I have a few NPCs and friendly encounters that follow the player (follow inmediately btw) and it used to work just right in testplay, but now they don't move at all. I don't know if it's just in testplay considering I haven't published it yet, but I'd like to know if anyone else is having this problem too. :S
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anyone? I'd really like to know if others are having this problem too, this worked fine a few weeks ago.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I haven't made an NPC follow lately, but there were a few times in the past I had the issue. Apparently it worked fine to a point in the published quest, perhaps it is a glitch
    edited July 2014
    I'll have to publish it to see if it works in there then, I really hope it does, because it's an important part of the quest :S
    thanks for the reply.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Okay, just tried it with 3 NPCs: Follow, Follow Ignore All, and Follow Non-Combat.

All 3 worked immediately when I spawned in beside them.

When I spawned in more that 256' away, none followed.
    As soon as I got within 256' AND within sight - they ran right over.

Perhaps it's a specific map you are using?
    edited July 2014
    Mmm that's weird, I have tried with both NPCs and friendly encounters both set up to follow inmediately, on 2 different maps, and nothing happens. I tried with the noble house interior map and a custom interior one using sewer rooms, he spawns rigth next to me but doesn't follow me at all. and befire he would follow me correctly.
    I'll try to delete them and put them again and see if it gets fixed.
    thanks!
    2e2qwj6.jpg