test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Great Success achievailable with DC by HEs?

kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Temple
I jut started to farm HEs.
Is it possible to achieve Great Success on HEs or just I've never seen it?

In fact I rarely see 180 raw black ice on IWP majors only 75 not to meantion Great Success and I have BI 8k power all the expensive potions and healing like crazy form the beginning.

Epics got 180 raw black ice at least. So I guess the only way to forget majors and farm only epics and trust in RNG!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes i got numerous time achieving great success, then i got some uncommon profession junks, Healing potions and 180 BI.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Guess I have to raise my power to do more healing.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i got it couple of times
    healing lore + sun burst + astral shield + forgemaster falme (i use divine armor as daily due to HG leggs)

the bigger the party the better your chance to get 'Great Success'
  • venerable4bedevenerable4bede Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You'll probably only get them from healing. Here are some tips for scoring better in HE's as a DC , though they are selfish

1) Use feated sunburst to heal lots of people (the feat gives them a trickle of healing over the next few seconds). Like dodge right into the middle of the melee, hit it, then dodge back to safety
    2) Use divine astral shields wherever you see people taking the most damage (usually in front of the epic boss)
    3) Use hallowed ground *only* if you have it feated for healing, if not you are just helping melee units out-compete you
    4) Use daunting light to round out your healing points with some damage
    5) Consider going after easier targets. I dont know if it makes a difference or not (like if you are judged based on how many points of potential damage or actual damage you throw out) but it seems like if you attack the weakest mobs you will get more points
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does one have to get the "Great Success" to stand a chance of getting the gauntlets ?
  • biibiisaibiibiisai Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I haven't got a single great success on HEs other than the pvp one after the patch. No purple anything, not to mention gauntlets and MH... I still think RNG is greater than healing or DPS since even in pvp spec, I have 5k power, 4k crit, 3k recovery, and ~900 AP. I tried pure heals, pure dps, heal and dps hybrid, heal debuff hybrid, and dps debuff hybrid. The only drop was a bound talisman...
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Im fortunte that I got a mainhand for gwf and braces for cw before that patch.. after it, almost 100 Majors and nothing but one elk tribe weapon not even for my DC that one it.

Its terrible..

It should be as follows..

keep rng, but every major success drops a token, that can be exchanged after 10 or something.. yes 5 is enough to earn it. I have grown so tired of them, I refuse to do them anymore.. I can get enough resistance, just with armour, so thats what Im doing.. I might come back one day.. but Im so frustrated with them, forget it. If you think about it, normally in 5 runs you would get your t2 item from any DD.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have gotten many great successes but have only gotten 1 gloves on my DC, and no gloves yet on my GF. And no mainhands on either, I think it is harder to get the BI items on a GF than it is on a DC, to be honest. At least with a DC, it takes healing into account, for a GF you need to take damage, which is not very ideal, that or do a lot of DPS.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I get it regularly with my DC, but no main hand, off hand, or bracers have dropped for me.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• sharonioussharonious Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I rarely see 180 BI drop, but over a 2(3?)-week period of casual farming (i.e. responding if someone announced remo or beholder) I did get both the gauntlet and weapon drops from epic encounters.

I didn't really do anything differently than I would in a dungeon run for the epic encounters - SB for divinity, divine cast AS and DG, Hallowed Ground daily, and BotS/(and that other at-will.... not AS or LoF...). I swap DG for daunting light when I'm soloing/doing regular HEs.