test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Little problem with CW testing

hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
While I'm testing in the dummies I'm having a problem that consists in losing all my Arcane Charge stacks in between the powers, due to the delay increase of a lot of spells; this happens more frequently when I attempt to cast a fully charged Storm Pillar to get the 5% damage buff. I'm afraid this problem goes to live :<
(´・ ω ・`)
Post edited by hefisdo on

Comments

• Options
    gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    They should either increase the duration of Arcane Mastery, or let the first two strikes of Arcane Missle refresh the duration; like how it works with Chilling Cloud and Chill stacks.
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why don't you add this as a bug to the official feedback thread? Might get more attention there - hopefully.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Why don't you add this as a bug to the official feedback thread? Might get more attention there - hopefully.

I doubt it's a bug though. More likely an unaddressed byproduct of the increase in casting time of encounters and Magic Missile. Hopfully it's merely been overlooked and not an intentional nerf to make it harder/impossible to keep Arcane Mastery up in rotation.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    When I tested powers I found that they all had very, very different times before the arcane stacks wore off. An arcane stack from magic missile will wear off after 2 seconds. However, if you summon a shard of avalanche and have it sit next to you it will build arcane stacks which will last for 10 seconds after the shard explodes.

It is still possible to build and maintain stacks, it just may not be possible with the specific spell rotation you are wanting to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    When I tested powers I found that they all had very, very different times before the arcane stacks wore off. An arcane stack from magic missile will wear off after 2 seconds. However, if you summon a shard of avalanche and have it sit next to you it will build arcane stacks which will last for 10 seconds after the shard explodes.

It is still possible to build and maintain stacks, it just may not be possible with the specific spell rotation you are wanting to use.

I think the combat state may also affect it. Maybe try stacking it once, then switch to spamming a cold at-will and see how long it lasts without refreshing or adding any more stacks.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is actually an old issue.
    When using target dummies, you quickly drop out of combat if there is even a brief pause in attacks. As soon as you drop out of combat, all arcane stacks drop.
    If you have a damage over time ability it will keep you locked in combat while you pull off longer activating attacks.