test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nerfing or buffing

gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
As the title says,how do you guys think balancing should be looked at.I personally think that we've been doing balancing all wrong with the nerf threads,I think that instead of nerfing the GWF(example) they should buff the other guys,because were getting closer to the point that PvE is getting a lot harder with all the nerfs or is just making some classes obsolete(Defense GF's).Also if we nerf this would this would just make peopel stack more GWF's+CW's.
That's just a basis of what i think.What do you guys think wouod
Post edited by gman118 on

Comments

• Options
    gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    fail didnt meant to post yet,well what do you guys think nerfing or buffing classes.
  • Options
    kolevrakolevra Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Buff over Nerf everyday of the week.
    --- Ranked matches need to be solo-queue only
    Enforce rainbow parties in PvP ---- 10v10 PvP ----
  • Options
    demonkyuubidemonkyuubi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    well, if we are all buffed to gwf level.......wouldn't that completely invalidate tenacity as gwf's r the best in practically everything and everyone else will need to be buffed to surpass a gwf in a particular specialty?

but then again, that might be the only way to balance this by making everyone god-tier.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If Buffing is an actual option then you would, at least I would Buff the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> classes first to see if balance is restored. Then if GWF are still running around with reckless abandon killing everyone still something has got to be done... My opinion.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Although I don't think HRs need more buffs?
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I'd rather not have a HR buff.
    Also I heard somewhere that devs were happy with the CW as it is and would bring other classes to its level.
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I'd rather not have a HR buff.
    Also I heard somewhere that devs were happy with the CW as it is and would bring other classes to its level.

You heard wrong :P, its actually the opposite:
    Guys, I have read the whole thread and want to step in and point something out. We are actively thinking about CWs and what to do with them right now (although I cannot give a timeline on anything relating to that right now). Balance is a really delicate situation and not one we make drastic changes to lightly. This was a case where if we did nothing every single GWF would have lost a substantial portion of their performance with no buffs to compensate. That said, this is why we put things like this on the preview shard. We want you guys to test it and get a feel for the intent and direction the class is moving so you can help shape it.

To be perfectly frank, the CW is very much out of line right now. They provide too much damage and their AoEs don't really conform to the same damage rules as they ideally should. But we have looked at various reasons as to why they cause problems and some of that lies in their feats, some in their base ratios, some in target caps, and that is really quite a few dials to tune all at once. We are looking at where they belong and what role they need to fit into in combat, as well as ways to preserve some roles that players enjoy without making them the best option at all times.

With all that in mind, please look at GWF performance alongside TR and HR as those are much closer to the performance values we would like to see. And we are aware of the struggle of Sentinels trying to hold threat and still be survivable. We want to examine tanking but we don't know when we will have something ready for that because it is a very difficult and complex set of changes to make Tanking feel gratifying without disabling gameplay for other players.

From here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?635191-Official-Feedback-Thread-Great-Weapon-Fighter-Changes&p=7577631&viewfull=1#post7577631
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nerf over buff. At least it prevents powercreep
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Honestly, with how much stat boosting equipment and boons are out there, nerfing is the better option at this stage.

If you buff other classes, all you do is make all PvE content even more trivial than it already is, and the game becomes pretty much PvP only, turning off the majority of the playerbase, which are PvE gamers.

Nerfing the classes that do too well in current environment makes PvE content more challenging and PvP balance remains the same (compared to buffing). Challenging PvE content means more replayability and higher prices on gear etc.

I mean, where's the fun in doing the hardest dungeons in 8 (PK) - 35 (CN) mins because you can just dominate everything with no real effort required?

Gone are the days when dungeons needed skill and tactics to beat rather than run to next door and mass AoE everything to death while standing in red without much care.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    We have plenty of constructive threads discussing class balance. We do not need a thread calling for nerfs, those are not constructive. There is a strong difference between nerfing and balancing and we'd prefer it if players stick to discussing class balance instead of outright calling for nerfs.

Please utilize the already existent class balance threads to continue the discussions.
    Section III - Prohibited Topics/Posts

. . . Because of the nature of the way certain topics have unfolded in history past as well as the pertinents laid out by the Terms of Service and in-game EULA, there are several types of topics that are not open for discussion on our forums. They are, but not limited to, the following Rules.

Rule 3.15 - No Petitions, Ultimatums or Hostile Demands
    . . . Please keep feedback constructive and within a format for Community Discussion. Disallowed topics include things like, "Please Nerf This Class" and anything without the direction of a constructive Community Discussion.
This discussion has been closed.