test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Clarity on Powers, Feats, Boons and Bugs (?)

karlodunkarlodun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
edited June 2014 in The Temple
It seems to me, there are too many things which are not clear enough, or are not working properly.....
Please keep this one free of spam and stay objective and clear! If devs would respond, would even be better (actually I'm seeking their attention for long time already...).

1. What are healing powers?
- As far as I could see it, healing powers are those, which heal directly. Blue Astral Shield and Hallowed Ground are NON-Healing powers!!!! Powers which provide Temporary hit points are non-healing as well.
For example:
A. Linked Spirit works if you heal smb in divinity - yes to a Blue Astral Shield, blue Sunburst. Since it requires you to heal. NO to a HG
B. Foresight works with sunburst, healing word, and other healing powers. AS is not a healing power, it can heal if devine, but it is not a healing power!!!! Also a NO for HG (and there is no need actually)
You can "detect" if a power is healing by the green word "heals", which actually should imply, that the simple healing word is a NON Healing power....

2. Reserved for Powers
// name | duration | base cool down | recharge power (divinity/ap) | effects | other//

3. Reserved for Feats

4. Reserved for Boons
Post edited by karlodun on

Comments

• tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?361072-Healing-Powers-and-Synergistic-Feats

Been there, done that. If you find the thread useful thank scozzers and help lobby to have it stickied. It might cheer him up enough so he'll start updating stuff again.

As a general rule, what is or what is not a "healing" or "support" or "control" or whatever kind of power depends entirely on the specific feat/boon/power/item/whatever we are talking about. Like a set effect may treat some encounter power X as a "healing" power, while a feat may not.
    This applies to most things, even powers from other classes.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • karlodunkarlodun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    edited June 2014
    Like I said, what is or what is not a "healing" or "support" or "control" or whatever kind of power depends entirely on the specific feat/boon/power/item/whatever we are talking about. You cannot just rely on the power descriptions, which you would know if you checked scozzer's thread.

Consider Divine Forgemaster's Flame, which is obviously a heal and (now) procs most "heal"-related feats/boons/item effects- and yet it does not proc Burning Guidance. It also didn't use to proc feats like Linked Spirit, it was ninja fixed to do so relatively recently.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Have others noticed that Chains does proc Burning Guidance, even though it probably shouldn't?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited June 2014
    As I already said, refer to scozzers' post. That part is explained in Burning Guidance notes section (read the line regarding Repurpose Soul procs) since chains can now crit.
    edited June 2014
    Ah, I see it now. More argument for keeping a canine companion around for soloing instead of my kitty.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Ah, I see it now. More argument for keeping a canine companion around for soloing instead of my kitty.

It's not like the damage of burning guidance is great you know... I'd rather have augment companion that boost my power than have striker companion with sleazy damage and die often. Combat companion i'd use is only the healer type if I struggle with survivability.
    edited June 2014
    I really don't struggle with survivability, and I switch companions back and forth. I have the dire wolf, which does not die often when equipped well and is extremely good at knocking stuff over if the owner is mindful of positioning. Also, it's fun. :P

Neverwinter Census 2017