test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Group Scale with my level?

jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Me and my friend want to play a foundry together but he is level 7 and i am 60..is there anyway to scale to my level or vice verses?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jedite2012 on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    No not at this time. :(
  • jedite2012jedite2012 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I thought that i read when neverwinter got released that one of the features is that you and a friend can quest together and your level can scale to your friends level or vice verse

Champions online can do it and it is much older game so why wasn't this a feature from the start?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sadly, everything in the foundry will scale to the highest level person, so in this case level 60. From what I've seen, the presence of a high level character in a party prevents lower levels from gaining any XP from killing mobs - I assume it's if they're over seven levels difference as that seems to be the number that other things use like aggro or event drops. Your friend is going to get one shot every fight, gain no XP and mostly get loot drops they can't use.

Never thought of it before, but the Foundry would be an excellent place to have level scaling turned on as it is in the CTAs and artifact quest.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    Never thought of it before, but the Foundry would be an excellent place to have level scaling turned on as it is in the CTAs and artifact quest.

That was one of my earliest recommendations back before there were even scaled fights in the game. Particularly because it would offer an alternative leveling method that could be done with friends on a whim.

But again, it has not been implemented as of yet.