test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug: Burning Guidance still doesn't proc from cleric's self healing

jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
It is nearly 6 months since module 2 launched and we had entered the third module. However, Burning Guidance (last DR boon) which is specifically prepared for clerics doesn't work on cleric when we are soloing. Without summoning any companion or any allies around, any heals from Astral Seal, Healing Word, Astral Shield, Sunburst and etc healing powers doesn't proc Burning Guidance, not even once!!

Burning Guidance now only works when we successfully heal an ally, with any healing power stated in above. It is suppose to increase cleric damage output and to help cleric in dpsing. However so many months passed and no one touched this issue. We should proc BG when attacking a Astral Sealed monster, staying inside a Divine Astral Shield or casting sunburst, Forgemaster's Flame when our hp is low, not only when we healed our companion and our teammates.

From my previous testing, i stand in a crowd of mobs in Dread Ring, casting Astral Shield and HW while attacking those sealed monster in melee range for minutes, not even once BG proc!! However, i do know BG is working when healing allies, as i summoned my companion out and let it tanked the mobs in my AS, Burning Guidance proc every tick of AS when my companion got healed.

This boon should not be restricted on healing allies, in some 1v1 situation in pve without our companion summoned and in pvp domination, GG pvp and IWD opvp, we should have the ability to activate our capstone boon, it is specifically made for clerics and yet we must heal others far away to have a tiny damage dealed to a small aoe around us.

In conclusion, please fix this M2 boon as it is not working with our self healing, we still got M3 boons to be tested but please fix this M2 boon first thank you. As i know, most solo clerics didn't even use BG, they use madness instead. Please make BG as a good boon for clerics especially to help our solo ability, not a useless boon that never proc in soloing. To let this boon to proc, we must sacrifice our augment pets which is arguably the best pet in pve.

Dear Devs, please give us some response and love thanks. Your kindness is appreciated. Btw do other clerics proc BG when soloing??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't run any healing spells at all when doing solo campaign stuff on my cleric, so I don't expect to see it proc.

I also usually have a battle pet out to knock stuff down for me, but he's not there to be healed by me, just to run distraction while I blow things up.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I suspect that if any "fix" is coming for this, that it will be to update the tooltip to specify that it works when healing allies. That would be fairly true to form.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1. Many DC use augment pets.
    2. The rewording instead of reworking sucks.
    3. We don't run healing spells but we usually have SF/ASeal at-wills slotted, still got ourself healed with every attack.

I hope they can fix this unless they want all clerics slowly migrating into other class. Some of my cleric friends since beta had left the game, but most of those who stay had changed their class to GWF and CW. Less DC now, and even lesser it will be.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Strangely, I have seen it proc in IWD when another character was around and I wasn't healing anyone. Only healing power on my bar was Sunburst which wasn't what triggered it. It just occurred to me that it's the feat that throws out heals when you crit, Repurpose Soul? Anyway, if self heals counted, hopefully that wouldn't include Regen and Lifesteal or you'd never be able to see the mobs.

I never run with ASeal or Sacred while soloing. It's always Lance and Brand for at-wills.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As long as there is someone around it will proc. It is weird as sometimes BoB or Brand of the sun can proc it. I dunno why, may be it is just a little bug or because of repurpose soul.