test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bugs Kick In At Close To 1500 Details

imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Foundry
So, there I am happily working away on my newest quest, now that our Detail budget has been raised to 1700. (Yay!)
I get up close to 1500. Before, we were having bugs pop up when we were very close to detail cap, but that cap is now 200 higher, so I wasn't worried.

Turns out I should have been.

As soon as I put in my 1,496th detail, the drop-down menus for details all stopped working.

If I remove some details, they start working again. If I put the details back in, they stop working again. It appears to have something to do with the number of details used.

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me? It pretty much makes that shiny new detail cap utterly useless, if we can't set the settings that we need to use them.

-- @Gruffydd
Post edited by imaginaerum1 on

Comments

• maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    if u mean the drop down menus (as there are none otherwise) when managing the detail settings (visibility, interaction, disappear when...) then they probably work u just have to guess where to click then as they r not drawn properly (them and selection windows) when the editor is under heavy load (lots of assets/links at the current map u r editing);

for me as i tested it the budget works fine and on top of it if u exceed the detail limit u still can add more u r just left with "unfinished task";

also 1496th is not rly nr of details as some of them cost more than one point but anyway having 1k+ details makes the editor pretty hard to deal with (maybe not with high frequency-big cache single/dual core cpus, but for my fx8 its a pain sometimes; guess the editor could use some tweaking; wonder how it would behave under wine);

if this is not ur cause then cant tell what u mean, try to make a scrnsht;

ps: i was rly worried when reading ur post, something like "oh sure i had to know better, twas too good to be true" ), but for me it seems to work fine so far;
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As soon as I put in my 1,496th detail, the drop-down menus for details all stopped working.

You may be hitting a long-standing bug with dropdown menus. They seem to "appear" beneath the dialog they are in instead of over it.

Try clicking on the dropdown, and then try using the up/down arrow keys to change the selection.
    You can also try clicking on the dropdown, and then clicking on the dialog "about" where the selectio "would" appear.
    So, if you click on it it should look very slightly different, and if you click about a line or two lower on the dialog it should change the selection in the dropdown field.

It seems to be a UI bug when in the upper count of details (probably memory related somehow) but noone seems to be able to pin it down to anything in particular.