test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Top classes to recruit for high level PVP premades

rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
Based on my games and what I've seen top pvp premades games went, this is what I believe are the best and most important classes to bring (note that this is assuming all variables of skill and gear are at a high level).

GWF
-
TR/First DC in the party
-
-
-
HR/CW
-
GF/Any other DC in the party
Post edited by rashylewizz on

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    high level gears dont make you good at premades. just for note
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    high level gears dont make you good at premades. just for note

No one factor makes you good at premades, but good gear helps out a lot.
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Right now I think its:

HR
    TR
    GWF
    GF

DC
    CW
  • Options
    cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Hr
    tr
    rest
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    4 HR's and a DC for the win :P I dunno...would like to try it though.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh my god... I went against this premade and it wasn't pretty.... 2GWFs 2HRs 1GF, prone prone fox zzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    forumnamesarelamforumnamesarelam Member Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    HR's are hands down the best for domination right now. Kite kite kite kite kite kite kite kite kite kite kite... rinse/repeat.

The 50 million dodges and the health regen is just complete monkey sauce <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It'd be somewhat reasonable if you had a chance of killing them if you caught them, but their armor/deflecton and hp are way too high. So it's basically just ignore them unless you have a CW handy that can stop them reliably.

It's really strange to me because HR's at lower level/gear are decently well balanced compared to the other classes, but there is something about when they gear up that significantly increases their survivability and considering domination is pretty much all about being able to stand on a point the longest, it makes them grossly over powered in that game.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sigh, you could now just stampede with GWFs while a pathfinder holds the enemies point for as long as possible.
  • Options
    syn100syn100 Member Posts: 137 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    HR's are hands down the best for domination right now. Kite kite kite kite kite kite kite kite kite kite kite... rinse/repeat.

The 50 million dodges and the health regen is just complete monkey sauce <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. It'd be somewhat reasonable if you had a chance of killing them if you caught them, but their armor/deflecton and hp are way too high. So it's basically just ignore them unless you have a CW handy that can stop them reliably.

It's really strange to me because HR's at lower level/gear are decently well balanced compared to the other classes, but there is something about when they gear up that significantly increases their survivability and considering domination is pretty much all about being able to stand on a point the longest, it makes them grossly over powered in that game.

HRs with high HP??? a good HR has max 26-28K HP and the regen/deflection are in the 95% of the case by oakskin and aspect of lone wolf and not from the gear... surround a HR and him lose all deflection and if the HR lose the mobility by CW or is slowed by a DC die very very fast.

And stop demonize the HR.. now the HR with the nerf of splitshot is underpower... the main advantage of HR class is that GWF are the lesser dangerous enemy class and a HR can kill easy a GWF, so the uber GWFs are ineffective against HRs.
    HR Syncro - The Equalizer - PvP stats: 10000/4800 (kills/deaths)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Pft... a stormwarden eat a pathfinder in few seconds :)
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    syn100 wrote: »
    HRs with high HP??? a good HR has max 26-28K HP.
    Pft... a stormwarden eat a pathfinder in few seconds :)

Are you new to PvP?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Are you new to PvP?

1800 Kills... 2° HR (syncro) as number of kills in the leaderboard

PS: and in teh 2 mounths that I play before mod 3.. I got the badge of 5000 kills
  • Options
    lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Enemy Team has always, and will always, run with whatever we have. There are no class requirements. We would rather have at least 1GWF but we will still Que without one.

And will still own you.
    Enemy Team
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »
    Enemy Team has always, and will always, run with whatever we have. There are no class requirements. We would rather have at least 1GWF but we will still Que without one.

And will still own you.

1365778251365.jpeg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »

And will still own you.

Meh not really.

Enemy team does have more skilled and more well geared (several admitted through P2W) players than majority of the guilds. But I've seen them lose and cry on chat about the comp.

Comp still matters with gear and skill being close.

Now if you are on this thread to contribute a comp that you often run or you think would be ideal, then be my guest. Otherwise, not buying that garbage I just quoted from you.
  • Options
    forumnamesarelamforumnamesarelam Member Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Are you new to PvP?

He's probably just ignorant. Pathfinder ftw for realz.

It's like sentinel GWF survivability with actual damage!
  • Options
    slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Meh not really.

Enemy team does have more skilled and more well geared (several admitted through P2W) players than majority of the guilds. But I've seen them lose and cry on chat about the comp.

Comp still matters with gear and skill being close.

Now if you are on this thread to contribute a comp that you often run or you think would be ideal, then be my guest. Otherwise, not buying that garbage I just quoted from you.

What guild are you in and what gear are you?

Enemy team doesn't have such kind of player that you would call P2W because everyone can play.

There are people that cares about comp and there are people that don't, so basically we run whatever we have. Yes we always try to have at least one GWF because that is what everybody does now, if you wanna do premade without GWF it is ok for us to not run GWF.

Any comp with at least one GWF, one HR and one TR is ideal, and then it is about what the other side have. Ultimately the more GWF you have the better, and try to have at least 1 HR/TR
  • Options
    koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I think its gonna be who has the most pathfinders in a group
  • Options
    overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    lol@ the guild bickering. The major pvp guilds need to lobby for the domination leaderboard exploits to be fixed and for some form of true accurate ranking or they risk being the best at a game that no one really takes seriously because pvp is so easily glitched and the 'ranking' system is simply not even close to being legit. Before mod3 the major guilds carried the respect of being the best in an arena that is truly difficult, pretty much fair/balanced, and ultimately competitive (not str8 p2w). Now that slips away. Step up. Ya stomp the **** out of me when you see me in pvp but step up for the rest of us. It kinds of falls on major guilds to at least try to lobby for a games legitimacy. Did I say that? 0_o ftw
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • Options
    edited May 2014

There are only one FOTM for stormward and jack of al trade archer specs with master of archery (is a waste of a point but now maybe... but the activation the master of archer (always ofter 2-3 shots).. give a destruction shot garatite crits):
    Daily: Forest Ghost, Destructive shot
    At will: aimed shot, split shot
    encounters: Marauder, Binding Arrows/Oakskin, Costrict Arrows

outrange all with aspect of falcon and aspect for lone wolf for the deflect

20% increase damage for distance and 20% increse nature for autoheal with oakskin

use the PVP armor combat (high deflect/regen) set and the archer weapons... lack a bit Armor Penetration that need be correct... use brutal force enchntement with crits/power in offensive slot and deflect in difensive slots... use bark shield and terror (give a bit lesser overal damage of vorpal, but the damage increase is costant and bypass defence and the 20% defence debuff is nice)... ur pathfinder (or 2 not good pathfinders that I can handle easy) die in few seconds as I wrote above.

Against melee binding arrows (I called it the rubberband) is better of costrict arrows (is also the one real duoble usefull powers for archers (bind/oakskin) and give also 5-6K damage.. the high of all dayly/enccounters) and the 2 CCs (bind/costric) are 3 garantite aimed shots... few survive :)

Dont waste enchs/gears for HP (the total HP is overall low... around 27-28K... one good TR can oneshot), but with the regen by oaksin dont need high HP and negate also the effects of the dots and TR flurry shots or HR pathfinder carefull attack is only a waste of time against u.
  • Options
    hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014

What makes you think Pathfinder adds survivability?

Newsflash: Hrs are good in PVP and are tanky and do damage. This has been true since they released the tenacity tier2 gear.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What makes you think Pathfinder adds survivability?

Newsflash: Hrs are good in PVP and are tanky and do damage. This has been true since they released the tenacity tier2 gear.
    There are actually a few features of Pathfinder that add survivability in 1v1 encounters at least. Hunter's Teamwork debuffs target damage, Slasher's Mark adds dodges through boosted Stamina regen, Careful Attack generates tons of AP for more Forest Ghost, and all three class features add to survivability (boosted speed & deflect when using a daily, boosted regen when attacked, temporary HP with crits).

It's the better Paragon for PvP by some distance IMO.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    There are only one FOTM for stormward and jack of al trade archer specs with master of archery (is a waste of a point but now maybe... but the activation the master of archer (always ofter 2-3 shots).. give a destruction shot garatite crits):

20% increase damage for distance and 20% increse nature for autoheal with oakskin

use the PVP armor combat (high deflect/regen) set and the archer weapons... lack a bit Armor Penetration that need be correct... use brutal force enchntement with crits/power in offensive slot and deflect in difensive slots... use bark shield and terror (give a bit lesser overal damage of vorpal, but the damage increase is costant and bypass defence and the 20% defence debuff is nice)... ur pathfinder (or 2 not good pathfinders that I can handle easy) die in few seconds as I wrote above.

Against melee binding arrows (I called it the rubberband) is better of costrict arrows (is also the one real duoble usefull powers for archers (bind/oakskin) and give also 5-6K damage.. the high of all dayly/enccounters) and the 2 CCs (bind/costric) are 3 garantite aimed shots... few survive :)

Dont waste enchs/gears for HP (the total HP is overall low... around 27-28K... one good TR can oneshot), but with the regen by oaksin dont need high HP and negate also the effects of the dots and TR flurry shots or HR pathfinder carefull attack is only a waste of time against u.
    None of the stuff you just listed is exclusive to Stormwarden, and Pathfinder has a better at-will plus better class features. The encounters are pretty meh but Stormwarden's are no better.

So any HR can play using the setup you describe but a Pathfinder will be way better at contesting a node because he won't have to operate exclusively at range.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Is hard to contest a node when u are killed from range as pathfinder :)

and the at will are 2: aimed shot is mandatory... u exchange carefull attack for split shot? :)

as encounter meeauder and costrict arrows are mandatory... and bind/oakskin is double use... what encounters u use?

the other pathfinder skills are debuff mainly (good for the team), but the powers of my setup are cc and damage/heals and team debuff 20% defence for all enemy for free (one my rotation is over 32-35K damage is aimed shot crits) and usefull against all classes.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Is hard to contest a node when u are killed from range as pathfinder :)

and the at will are 2: aimed shot is mandatory... u exchange carefull attack for split shot? :)

as encounter meeauder and costrict arrows are mandatory... and bind/oakskin is double use... what encounters u use?

the other pathfinder skills are debuff mainly (good for the team), but the powers of my setup are cc and damage/heals and team debuff 20% defence for all enemy for free (one my rotation is over 32-35K damage is aimed shot crits) and usefull against all classes.
    My point was that a Pathfinder can be set up with exactly the same load-out that you use. So saying that 'Stormwarden eats Pathfinder' is simple nonsense as you could have both with the exact same stats and powers.
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Are u making these numbers up?
    "Three free aimed shots" "At 35k dmg": What target dummies are u fighting against?
    "26-28k hp max", "Hp enchants/gear is overrated": Seems, u fight like its free for all mod, sitting like a duck off point? Welcome to domination, where u actually have to fight on towers to block or capture points.
    I am a HR with 38,5k hp, 40% deflect and can still do pretty decent dmg while i doubt very much u can even land one aimed shot against me standing off point. Because my GPF will tick, not to mention I can shot back and can also move.
    And when the point is captured, I will come for u and ur toast with 26k hp.
    But yeah, who cares about contesting nodes when u can run away and keeping ur awsome kill-death-ratio ^^
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    What guild are you in and what gear are you?

Enemy team doesn't have such kind of player that you would call P2W because everyone can play.

There are people that cares about comp and there are people that don't, so basically we run whatever we have. Yes we always try to have at least one GWF because that is what everybody does now, if you wanna do premade without GWF it is ok for us to not run GWF.

Any comp with at least one GWF, one HR and one TR is ideal, and then it is about what the other side have. Ultimately the more GWF you have the better, and try to have at least 1 HR/TR

I appreciate your answer, you tackled the topic much better and posted with the intent of contributing instead of trolling/boasting.

In my first post, I said gear and skill variables being equal. I am interested in what comps people think is ideal. I understand gear and skill matters a lot too hence I made them control variables.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Are u making these numbers up?
    "Three free aimed shots" "At 35k dmg": What target dummies are u fighting against?
    "26-28k hp max", "Hp enchants/gear is overrated": Seems, u fight like its free for all mod, sitting like a duck off point? Welcome to domination, where u actually have to fight on towers to block or capture points.
    I am a HR with 38,5k hp, 40% deflect and can still do pretty decent dmg while i doubt very much u can even land one aimed shot against me standing off point. Because my GPF will tick, not to mention I can shot back and can also move.
    And when the point is captured, I will come for u and ur toast with 26k hp.
    But yeah, who cares about contesting nodes when u can run away and keeping ur awsome kill-death-ratio ^^

aimed shot 18-20K
    costrict arrows 3-4K
    binding arrows 5-6K
    destruction shot 3-4K

sum the damage and see the total and for the kill/Death ratio I have around 2:1 not so awsome :)
  • Options
    proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    aimed shot 18-20K
    costrict arrows 3-4K
    binding arrows 5-6K
    destruction shot 3-4K

sum the damage and see the total and for the kill/Death ratio I have around 2:1 not so awsome :)

You cannot aim shot with GPF DoT on you. Squishy glass cannon builds are not working in this game. Your k/d ratio means nothing more than you owning some n00bs and getting owned by true PvPers.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    You cannot aim shot with GPF DoT on you. Squishy glass cannon builds are not working in this game. Your k/d ratio means nothing more than you owning some n00bs and getting owned by true PvPers.

mmm... lingua lunga, probabilmente sei una femmina :)