test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I want to buy more Account-Bank-Slots!

vascodergamervascodergamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
He Cryptic,

why can I only buy 5 account bank extensions? I don't want to have a storage-guild for all my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, please let me buy a million account bank slots for all my stuff that I can easily access from all my chars, please ...

Greets,
Vasco
Post edited by vascodergamer on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is that all you can buy for the account wide bank? 5 more slots and that is it? that's no good lol , a million more slots would probably be rather expensive though OP :P
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah that seems rather limited. I'd personally buy more than 1 extra slot if they didn't cost a kidney to buy.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Is that all you can buy for the account wide bank? 5 more slots and that is it? that's no good lol , a million more slots would probably be rather expensive though OP :P

I think he means you can buy the extension a max of 5 times. So, 40 slots (8 slots per extension).
  • qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I would consider buying the 5 extensiln slots if I had access to the bank from anywhere in PE and Caer-Konig.

As I have to cross half a map to get access to the bank ... not an option at all to buy some upgrades.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    qq88pp wrote: »
    I would consider buying the 5 extensiln slots if I had access to the bank from anywhere in PE and Caer-Konig.

As I have to cross half a map to get access to the bank ... not an option at all to buy some upgrades.

^This.

Though I did buy two shared extensions (nice having 24 shared slots) and what's especially nice is anything in them that a character can use will show - example: placing enchantments in shared slots, any character looking to enchant an item will get a list of what's in inventory AND what's in shared bank slots no matter where you are in the game world (must be super-careful when refining, tho').

Two problems with the shared bank slots: remembering you have them when thinking "I need to mail this to myself so my alt can have it" and only ONE BANK in the entire Neverwinter MMO Universe (hence the ditto to the above). (Though all your characters seeing wheat's in those slots for the "equipping" no matter where you are is nice. You only have to go to the bank to put stuff INTO the slots.)

EDIT TO ADD: Okay, I figure some people will ask "what do you mean that a character always sees what's in a shared bank slot?"

So here's an example:
    • Put an enchantment into a shared bank slot.
    • On any character, anywhere in the world - open an equipped item to enchant it.
    • Tap the menu that allows you to select the enchantment.

You will see a list of all the enchantments that are in your inventory and ALSO the enchantment you put into your shared bank slot - you can select the one in your bank and it is pulled from the bank and your item is now enchanted with THAT enchantment.

It will work on anything your character can equip - through the "equip menu" - Note that it must be usable by the character (or Companion, etc.) - so higher-level gear won't work (well, it does for Companion, but we all know that).

This is the same feature they put into Star Trek Online some time ago, so I figured I'd check it in Neverwinter and yup! Same-same over here, too!)

Your welcome! :)
    edited May 2014
    I think he means you can buy the extension a max of 5 times. So, 40 slots (8 slots per extension).

Oh that's more acceptable , 40 slots is ok , he sounded like it was only 5 slots
  • calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ive bought 3 already i'll wait for the sale to buy the rest as they really are not great value for the money IMO. $7 bucks for 8 slots compared to $6 bucks for 16 slots on a single which is again worse then the Guild bank tabs (which I maxed out and filled long ago).

If they do increase the amount of them and lower the price though I would buy a couple hundred slots capacity though I really like the added functionality and having everything to do with enchants and refining in this one location would be great!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was hoping the enchants and whatnot wouldn't show up from shared space. That'll just ruin the Refining drop down menu on all of my chars instead of just one.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No, reread it - he said 5 slot EXTENSIONS (of 8 slots each). And that's for up to 50 characters each.
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Oh that's more acceptable , 40 slots is ok , he sounded like it was only 5 slots
    edited May 2014
    No, reread it - he said 5 slot EXTENSIONS (of 8 slots each). And that's for up to 50 characters each.
    I did reread it , yesterday when I replied , thanks for the unnecessary post though :>
    edited May 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    I was hoping the enchants and whatnot wouldn't show up from shared space. That'll just ruin the Refining drop down menu on all of my chars instead of just one.

Then move them to that character's 'private' bank slots. FIXED!

//THAT was easy
    edited May 2014
    Then move them to that character's 'private' bank slots. FIXED!

//THAT was easy
    Except that it destroys the utility of the shared space and doesn't help that character's drop down menu, so in effect the addition of the shared space means nothing. The amount of times I'm refining artifacts far exceeds the times I'm swapping enchants.
    edited May 2014
    pitshade wrote: »
    Except that it destroys the utility of the shared space and doesn't help that character's drop down menu, so in effect the addition of the shared space means nothing. The amount of times I'm refining artifacts far exceeds the times I'm swapping enchants.

That's fair. But the whole purpose of the shared slots is to share across all your characters. I do understand your plight, but it is working the way it's intended. :)
    edited May 2014
    I tested it some and the items in the shared space weren't showing up in drop down menus for me. A weapon enchant didn't show up in the appropriate menu nor did various marks show up under the refining window. I didn't test gear, but that isn't an issue for me either way.
  • sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited May 2014
    Things don't show up from the shared bank. I put all the dyes in because I had them scattered on all characters from different events and need to run to the bank and take them out and either put them into my inventory or personal bank to change appearance. Sucks.
    edited May 2014
    I wonder if my gear and enchantments showing up from my shared bank slots on all my characters is a bug related to my account? LOL Because, yes, really, no, seriously, they do!

I wonder if this is one of those weird 'intermediary' type things that seems to be conditional? In which case, something is bugged, making the question: which is the intended function? The way it works for me or the way it works for you?

The heck with "what is the meaning of life" thing, these are the *really important* questions!
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    40 slots times 3,000,000 players times 50 characters = HOW MANY COMPUTER DATA BOXES???
    He Cryptic,

why can I only buy 5 account bank extensions? I don't want to have a storage-guild for all my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, please let me buy a million account bank slots for all my stuff that I can easily access from all my chars, please ...

Greets,
    Vasco