test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lag So Bad I Cannot Leave IWD

degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
Just had a lovely last hour in IWD. Lag was so bad I could not move in the PVP area and outside of it.

All others of NW work just fine.
PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
Post edited by degraafination on

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yep. This is what happens when there's more than 10+ people in an IWD instance it seems. Feels like the servers that the IWD instances run on are leftovers from cold war.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have reported this as well. I make sure to have a Teleport Scroll ready if it happens to get me out of my misery. This only occurs in Icewind Pass and only around this time of the day it seems.

If you experience this issue and somehow manage to get to the gate in Icewind Pass and want to transfer to Caer, you get disconnected every time.

Are the Icewind Pass instances running on different servers?
  • helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    Are the Icewind Pass instances running on different servers?

I think so, in some instances there's barely any lag but in others the lag is unbearable, but it might be due to the number of players in the specific instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    That would at least explain why you lag the hell out in Icewind Pass and have no problems in every other area. I can't confirm that the number of players matter by the way, to me it seems more like a random issue.
    edited May 2014
    Nah, this debris setting fixes some hardware issues for ATI users, it won't help here.
  • supersaupesupersaupe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I can confirm it is due to player load in the instance. I was running fine with 8 or 9 players in my instance, not a single spec of lag. Ramorhez pops up, within 2 minutes there were 40+ people in the instance and i couldn't even move.

They all start to leave after the encounter is done and i go back to normal.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    supersaupe wrote: »
    I can confirm it is due to player load in the instance. I was running fine with 8 or 9 players in my instance, not a single spec of lag. Ramorhez pops up, within 2 minutes there were 40+ people in the instance and i couldn't even move.

They all start to leave after the encounter is done and i go back to normal.

Well, it's a server issue then.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    edited May 2014
    But it seems not *all* players are affected. When I lag out, I can see other players moving normally while I'm stuck at one place.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    But it seems not *all* players are affected. When I lag out, I can see other players moving normally while I'm stuck at one place.

True. I'm constantly timing out or lagging terribly. Such a pain.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
  • helloz2helloz2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Just had the same problem few minutes ago (although occasionally), the character rubber bands to different locations and it's almost impossible to Change Character/Log Out, and the only option is to Exit the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]