test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change how injuries work?

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
With the whole open pvp stuff, some people are getting mad that they have to spend too much money on injury kits.
I think the whole injury system should be redone, I think a good idea is to have them be temporary, not permament. The could last around 5 mins or so before going away, but having them affect the player much more. So intead of a small handicap it could be a big handicap (like half the HP or half the run speed or something) and having them being removed faster in a campfire too (maybe 1-2 mins to remove everything not just having to wait for several injuries to remove one after the other. That way those who want to not spend money on kits can just wait 1-2 mins on a campfire, and those who want to go right back to the fighting can just use kits as always.
But now you either use kits or have to wait for several injuries to heal at a campfire, each one takes like 3 mins and sometimes you have more than 1.
What do you think? Whould that be too easy? Maybe the time could be balanced, but for now I think the wait is too long, considering we will be dying quite a bit now.
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Killed by a mob and getting injured as a result is fine but in the pvp side of things it's just an annoyance.

No reason not to have the pvp flag being active neutralise the injury from a player killing another player or from dying within the red zone altogether.

Or as you suggest make the campfire in the northern section remove debuffs faster or in multiples, say 5 minutes for a pair of injuries.
  • klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Oh, that's a pretty interesting idea.

I like the temporary HP handicap thing.

It's kinda like how Dark Souls handled being cursed and how Dark Souls II handled death.
  • franklin223franklin223 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The injury system is fine the way it is. They finally gave purpose to injury kits and at the same time caused a pain point to blindly rushing in pvp.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I disagree about "blindly rushing in pvp"
    the way open pvp works, even being careful doesn't mean a thing if there's someone much more equipped than you in the area. you'll get killed, repeateadly.
    The only option is to avoid open PVP wich is perfectly legit, but I doubt the devs went through all the trouble on creating such a system if onle 5% of the playerbase will ever use it.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • franklin223franklin223 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I mean graveyard rushing. The pain point will make people think twice and maybe just ride off

And I am totally of the opinion that cryptic made this feature for a small percentage of the player base.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    If you remove injuries, you must then be suggesting something of equal consequence to open world PVP deaths to both motivate the person to stay alive and to give tangible satisfaction to aggressors.

Personally, I think injuries is fine. Let's be honest it isn't too much gold
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    99 Injury kits costs an insignificant amount of ad. I don't see what the big deal is. I spend far more gold on switching around enchantments then I even could imagine spending for injury kits.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF