test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What if HR totally abandon all his damaging abilities and turn into supporter?

jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
I wan to have a change on my gaming experience since i already played exactly one year on a class named Devoted Cleric in Neverwinter. I made many clerics with different spec, different race and different roles since beta and i found i can't master the other classes playstyle which is called "Kill to Win". I heard from someone HR can be a potential competitor to DC in pvp as they can heal, buff and tank well in pvp. So, is there any possibilities a HR can totally give up their offensive abilities and turn into hybrid buff/tank like cleric meta now? If yes, can i know and learn about it?? I hope to build my HR as pathfinder, having insane tanking abilities while can help the team by some buffs, debuffs and control powers (of cuz stealth-capping too!!). Survivability is better to be prioritize first before buffing and debuffing as "Dead HR can't help anyone". Thank you and your comments are appreciated. (Comments are opened to all classes)

Edit: I got my answer finally. No class atm can beat cleric as a supporter. HRs cd is too long and its buff is weaker than DC. Got to wait for Bard, Druid and Paladin in M4.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jessebrownjrjessebrownjr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2014
    I tried myself to be a DC , i had like 42% DR 33k hp 22% deflection amongst other high stats and i found out the hard way , i just cant focus on my team so i suck beyond belief as DC but doesnt surprise me seeing as ive been a DPS in this game since the beginning lol. Longstory short i tilt my hat to your skills as a DC and im pretty sure it should transition over well to HR Support ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tenacity Who? Versus GF Master means nada.
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    The same question was asked in the HR forum. There seems to be a demand for a non-dc support class. I am really hoping druid or bard are coming soon.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    It'll be more of a possibility when mod3 comes out and the heal (oakskin) is buffed 150%.

HR will never be as good as DC at supporting/healing, but with oakskin, stag heart (a really good size chunk of temporary hit points), and boar hide (20% mitigation bonus with nature capstone, and potentially double that if you use the one feat- not sure because I haven't tried it but wow 40% initial mitigation is A LOT), all using nature spec, you can do some really good support especially for a DPS class. Plus with these you get a root and a prone, which you can use to help out someone.

HR could still put out good damage specced this way, too. Damage isn't too dependent on feats for HR.

I personally haven't tried it but might check it out come mod 3 and the oakskin buff.

I tried the new at-wills and they don't seem great for supporting, and also as far as stealthy capping, apparently enemies can see a circle of grass when you use ambush, so it won't be very stealthy.

Also, HR's can get super tanky, but one of the problems is it's partly dependent on aspect of the lone wolf, which is a mitigation buff that decreases the more enemies are around you, going to zero if 5 are there. So near a full team an HR is going to be pretty squishy.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • thegrandexenothegrandexeno Member Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    overddrive wrote: »
    The same question was asked in the HR forum. There seems to be a demand for a non-dc support class. I am really hoping druid or bard are coming soon.

My guess would be a Druid, combining DC & CW (maybe?).
    Bard imho couldn't really be adapted well to Pvp (and we know that each class CAN be used in pvp and pve as well)

Kudos to the OP that has BoS (Balls of Steel XD) to try to change the HR template like that: much creativity displayed, the true worth of a player :)
    • Halflingas The Great - Stormwarden HR(60)