test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF high HP build viable for PvP?

gwassalorgwassalor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 33
edited May 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Hello,

I'm slowly saving for the second piece of Profound gear. It took me quite some time to amass needed Glory, so I'd like to ask the experienced players, before I start buying the pieces, to make sure I don't buy something that is clearly not viable at the moment.

Currently I have T1 PvP Tactician set, having roughly 30k HP. Recently I dropped some junk enchants and got two Tenebrous and I have a feeling that it actually did help me a bit to kill OPs.

So the question is simple, should I go this path, buy Tactician's Profound and more Tenebrous or has this been already debunked as severely inferior to the other builds?

Regarding to whether to buy Profound at all - I do like the visuals, contrary to the appearance of black ice gear that I hate. So I guess I want to get Profound anyway...

Thx for hints!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    First of all HP is good! You need as much as you can get as you will take a lot of damage from defending nodes, especially if focused by HR /CW from afar.

The sets don't offer much in versatility, I just got my Blood Crystal last night I run mostly GRim pieces 18.6% tenacity 31kHP and I have some other pve pieces that give me ARP /Crit.

I'm no GF genius only speaking from my experience, posting your character sheet on here will help you far more then words as people can look at your gear and stats!

Tenebrous has an ICD internal cool down, Offense Slot: When striking a foe you have a chance to deal 1% of your current Hit Points in Necrotic damage. I don't know if this is max HP always or based on your current hp? Also 5 Offensive slots could be better served with Power / ARP / Crit which I think would be more beneficial then let 30k hp + 2% necrotic damage on a ICD = 600 damage! So you are wasting 2 offensive slots that could be 300+ Crit / Power / Armor Pen for 600 damage every 3-4 seconds when you hit the target?

I don't think its worth it to me anyway...

As for gear use whatever suits your build.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Patch_NW.10.20131120a.14

EDIT: I just found the Tenebrous Enchant was nerfed it now can be dodged / deflected, and takes AC into account. Also the ICD is far more then 4 secs as I thought...

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Enchanting

Multiple Tenebrous enchantments stack.
    The Tenebrous enchantment has a 20 second internal cooldown and 100% chance to trigger if not on cooldown. However, it seems that the server does not keep a clock for each character. Instead the reset occurs on a universal clock, like daily quest resets. Thus, it is possible to get procs in quick succession at the start of combat, if you start just before a reset.
    The Tenebrous enchantment only works with offensive slots.
    The image is for the lesser version, higher ranks add flair to this base look.
    While it's named lesser, the enchantment follow as R8 enchantment the rule of enchanting. Mean it give 12,960 RP and has the success chance of 20%.
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • mehpvpmehmehpvpmeh Member Posts: 178 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Yeah man they killed Tenes quite a while ago. They tried adjusting the internal cooldown but they were still BiS for some classes so they nerfed them again, but they went overboard as they tend to do.

Now its pretty much worthless. Main kicker is that it is not affected by any of your offensive stats (ArP mainly), but they are affected by the Enemies defensive stats, now with tenacity... forget it man.

Which is fine because they were <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyway. I had 7 Greaters... STOOOOOPID OP man, just Stupid... but fun :)