test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One of the best parts about Heroic Encounters

niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
NO DAMAGE METERS!

That means less QQing about how CWs are OP!
Post edited by niadan on

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You cant kick someone out of one either.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Lol it's more like a block party.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I totally love the big HE's like the remorhaz one , I love how literally everybody in the zone can come along and take part ,it's great , I can't wait to see what the black ice beholder one is like .

The only thing I dislike is the way rewards are allocated , it sounds like it's based purely on dps and that has to change to give other classes especially healing DC's a chance at good loot.

I wonder if they would consider rolling out HE's to every zone in the game or are they just limiting them to IWD content and onwards?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As far as the rewards, I know Cryptic can do better.

They have done better in past games. These function very similar to CO's open missions. And even those track score by more then just DPS. NWs combat log already tracks healing and damage taken. It shouldn't be that hard to base rewards on a combined adjusted score, instead of just pure damage.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    niadan wrote: »
    Lol it's more like a block party.
    << image removed >>
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    NO DAMAGE METERS!

That means less QQing about how CWs are OP!

depends if is what ppl say is truth and scores on heroic encounters are based on dps alone then this will be another part of game where cw will dominate everyone else
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Well the major HEs are a major pain in the derrier without heals, tanks, and single target dps (Remhoraz as an example). As for awards, they seem more rng based than anything else.
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Me and some buddies have figured part of it out and that is all I will say publicly, the concern has been forwarded to the dev team. It is not solely based on damage done. The reward system will need some major tweaking. It is exploitable.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    Me and some buddies have figured part of it out and that is all I will say publicly, the concern has been forwarded to the dev team. It is not solely based on damage done. The reward system will need some major tweaking. It is exploitable.

Glad you are on top of it...which if anyone is...you are. Hell you and your band of brothers are all over this server...lol By the way, thanks for the hand-out on the splinters. Crafted my gloves today...yes I am rubbing it in, but do hope yours drop soon.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    tumblr_lpqyg9V6yJ1qf8qs2.gif

I am sooo glad I am in your guild...you are fing hillarious!
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Is this a dude or a chick? or both?
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    *high five* :cool:

skalt112 wrote: »
    Is this a dude or a chick? or both?
    The one from the .gif? No idea... lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    *high five* :cool:

The one from the .gif? No idea... lol

Now quit <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around and get your Black Ice gear already so we can run this **** skirmish. I have three fully empowered pieces just waitng for a meat sack to join a party and take the initial damage...lol
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just need my **** arms to drop somewhere....on a different note today I was back online late this evening and a rare 6 to 10 person HE just spawned as I zoned into Ice Wind pass. Could not get any of the pvp'ers to come to it. and it had I think a 20 min timer.

Later while talking in zone chat come to find out I was the only there with access to Dwarven Valley, they all said they did not bother to farm for the access. OMFG
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    I just need my **** arms to drop somewhere....on a different note today I was back online late this evening and a rare 6 to 10 person HE just spawned as I zoned into Ice Wind pass. Could not get any of the pvp'ers to come to it. and it had I think a 20 min timer.

Later while talking in zone chat come to find out I was the only there with access to Dwarven Valley, they all said they did not bother to farm for the access. OMFG

I think a lot of the pvpers are just hanging out in the first zone...pvping. I know that you and I have soloed the "mother load" in DV many times.