test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is ELO Working?

degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Very fast queue times, our 5-man vs. pugs 3/4 times. Did they turn off ELO?
PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
Post edited by degraafination on

Comments

• myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    I think so. In pugs it seemed like i was fighting alot more lower gs players and super fast que times
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeap, lost 5 games in a row, there is always 16k GS premade from the opposite side.

But 3 matches in a row I was playing with the same 4 people Oo
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • elgorrelgorr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited March 2014
    Played 20+ matches after maintenance.
    Atm, queue time is instant and match quality is horrible compared to it used to be.
    I guess they disabled or reset our ELO.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I just wish we could get some official word, but I'm not sure if that's possible.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • xushin7xushin7 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Yeah I've been fighting people with large gaps very often lately.
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    If turning off elo was their magic trick to fix pvp que, why we had to wait 1 week for it? As always theres no logic in their actions...
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    It seems very hit and miss.

Saturday started with some easy matches then I was suddenly up against Guilds. Result is my PUG got torn to pieces. Then it was back to easy to balanced matches before my PUG came up against 2 members from Enemy Team + another 3 members from another guild, with the result being 1000 - 400 (not bad really).

So in a sense, yes, it does seem to be working as after a run of good matches I was clearly coming up against guilds and premades, BUT, even though I was on a good run I was also clearly out of my depth against these guilds and premades.

It may also be benefiting certain players when putting a PUG together, so one or two players may actually be good enough to take on a premade (thus ELO is working in their case) while the other 3/4 are just in there as fillers. In one of my lopsided matches where my PUG lost badly I (GF) was the ''best'' player as I had the most kills & most points on my team and fewest deaths, while the rest were getting ganked (at least double my deaths). In another uneven match I and 3 teammates were getting steamrolled while our GWF was god-mode, finishing with the most points even though the team lost simply because the rest of us were the four "worst" players.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.