test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Account bound bars?

js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Was wondering for a while now, why aren't the bars bound to the account? I hate to have to open everything from the same character just to maximize my bars saving....
thesensai wrote: »
On that note, why not make AD account wide like Zen? Why have an obtuse complicated way of transferring them in the Zen exchange?
bioshrike wrote: »
A better implementation, IMO, is to simply treat trade bars like Zen - they sit in a pool that any character on your account can access - no need to worry about moving them around. I feel that this could actually help with key sales, as you wouldn't need to inconvenience yourself with worrying about which of your characters open lockboxes... they'd all be able to access the resulting trade bars.

Here is some great idea here from player who posted on this thread! Thanks for bringing your head togheter :D
Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

Post edited by js3b on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    There is a place to suggest things. Everywhere.

There is no need to have a shiny suggestion title to be able to suggest anything. Proof is in the fact you just suggested something. Pick the best location for the topic and make a discussion. Discussions are suggestions. ;)

As for the actual topic, I agree I hate having to purposely open lockboxes on one character due to the bars being Character Bound.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    /signed I know how you guys feel, I'd definitely prefer them to be BoA too.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The vast majority of my trade bars are split between my dwarf control wizard and my halfling hunter ranger. The dwarf CW is my first ever character, and was the lockbox opener by default, and when I started playing other characters, I made sure to open the lockboxes on my dwarf mage so I could access the expensive trade bar items sooner. Unfortunately, I totally forgot about this when I bought 60 keys during the zen and key sale a few weeks ago, and opened multiple lockboxes on my halfling melee ranger. Oops.

It would be nice if they were changed to account bound so I could pool my trade bars together to buy the more expensive stuff.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A better implementation, IMO, is to simply treat trade bars like Zen - they sit in a pool that any character on your account can access - no need to worry about moving them around. I feel that this could actually help with key sales, as you wouldn't need to inconvenience yourself with worrying about which of your characters open lockboxes... they'd all be able to access the resulting trade bars.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited March 2014

I think this is even a better idea than mine! But any would do the trick for me....

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lobi which is Star Trek Online's version of Trade Bars was character bound for almost 2 years and they finally got account bound late last year. Of course, they have methods to get Lobi for free even if it is only a limited amount like 15 Lobi per day during October which doesn't currently exist in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    alvadimarcoalvadimarco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think Cryptic likes STO better than us.
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I also would like the bars, to be account accessable.
    I can see no reason why they should not be so.

:)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    The poeple have spoken, please cryptic :D

• Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Aren't most item available by the trader not bound? I haven't had any issue transferring anything I ever bought with bars to either another character and or the AH. And I always open boxes with the same character.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Aren't most item available by the trader not bound? I haven't had any issue transferring anything I ever bought with bars to either another character and or the AH. And I always open boxes with the same character.

The issue is having 700 bars on one character, and 300 bars on another character so that you can't buy the item that costs 1000 trade bars.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This appears to be a quality of life improvement with no downside.

+1
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    The issue is having 700 bars on one character, and 300 bars on another character so that you can't buy the item that costs 1000 trade bars.

Exactly so.!!!

• Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Great idea. This makes perfect sense.

/signed
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2014

On that note, why not make AD account wide like Zen? Why have an obtuse complicated way of transferring them in the Zen exchange?
  • Options
    arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    thesensai wrote: »

it doesn't have to be as easy as suggested in this post, but in your example, at least you can transfer AD. even if it was exactly like that, I'd be fine with that.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Edited main post and title for better followup and some better idea to add in the problem we might encounter with Astra diamond AND bars

• Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    seems like it would make sense to make the Trade bars tradable even if it is only with toons on the same account. Although how sweet would it be if trade bars were tradable through the AH or even had their own exchange like Zen has.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Altough it would be nice, i think that the market already have enought tradable currency and that keeping some to account bound (ex: those who open lock box) is a nice thing i think...

• Options
    edited March 2014
    arsonall82 wrote: »
    it doesn't have to be as easy as suggested in this post, but in your example, at least you can transfer AD. even if it was exactly like that, I'd be fine with that.

Yea, but might as well ask for a main ad pool, i think it would be nice :D

• Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited March 2014
    I'm going to bring this up to our developers! Great suggestion.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    been wanting this for a long while.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Thanks Pin!
  • Options
    vscoutvvscoutv Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    IMO anything that is bought with real money shouldnt, at least initially, be bound at all, but since it is what it is, account bound would be nice.
    As a young boy chasing Dragons with your wooden sword so mighty, You're St. George or you're David and you always killed the beast
    Times change very quickly And you had to grow up early. A house in smoking ruins and the bodies at your feet ~Iron Maiden
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm going to bring this up to our developers! Great suggestion.

Thanks its apreciated!

• Options
    trav625trav625 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    These should be bound to account not bound to character. Since zen is per account it should be along the same lines.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Folks have been asking for this for a long time. No word either way.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    AD should be account wide exactly the same way zen is too. That way you wouldn't have to mess with the market to transfer your AD between toons. Just one pool of all toons.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'll ask Pin if there is any update on this. No promises, though. :)
  • Options
    broborabrobora Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2014
    It is worthwhile changing the bind status on bars to account, as people will start to finish stacks.

There is a limit on how many refined AD you can have per character, multiple balances make sense, if waiting for the right exchange rate. If you were close to cap and your next 5 lockboxes were artifacts..... you'd want to move that AD out before the sales take place.

Especially seing as you need to open the lockboxes on the same character. Changing the bind status of bars removes this risk.