test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constricting arrow bug/intended??

xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2014 in PvE Discussion
Does anyone know if it is intended that the whole constricting debuff is dodgeable now and u cant aply it to cc immun targets anymore?
Right now every class can dodge out of strong roots and dodge the whole constricting debuff BUT HRs...
Post edited by xmousepadx on

Comments

• ivantomdisplayivantomdisplay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Its called karma, or cosmic justice. :P
    [10:49] [Combat (Self)] Your Proton Barrage deals 96581 (43411) Proton(Critical) to Seto.
    Poor soul didnt have time to log out.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's WAI. Roots are also virtually useless now as dodging allows you to stretch them across the map if you time it right.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yet another skill in this game whos name no longer makes any sense. Why call it Root if it doesn't root players into place. I understand CC immunities being able to break them since that was a bug from the start and should be able to break them. But seriously, if you're rooted you should not be able to move at all. I mean no one can dodge while being CC by a CW or after getting proned by a GF or GWF so really they should fix that.
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    Its called karma, or cosmic justice. :P

Oh, you mean like cw's not being able to perma control anymore? not to be mean to cw's, as i have one for pvp too, but if i was playing pvp as anything else, got tired of being choked so long that a cw can almost kill me with at wills!

rogues find it hard(and somehow a little easier) to permastealth, gf/ sent gwfs cant stun lock as long now, cws lose permacontrol, hrs lose their rooting/cc(ca), dcs lose healing.

I guess good ol' karmic justice hit just about everyone's tactics?
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I never agreed with how the roots worked honestly in the first place.

In my experience:

The definition of Root = Character rendered immobile, but able to cast abilities.

The definition of Snare = Character becomes slowed by "x", reducing movement speed greatly.

The HR roots acted more like a Snare because of the stringy effect.

What is weird to me is since the adding of the HR, I've noticed a TON more rubberbanding in this game. Like even when an HR isn't in the match, frequently I am being bounced back and fourth like if I had Roots on me while fighting players.

I wish they would change the Roots completely.

Strong Roots should lock a player completely in place(like being frozen), but able to use abilities.

Weak Roots should be changed to "Snare"..slowing a players movements greatly.

As far as Constricting Arrow. I think it should also be changed. When it was working, it was too strong, 3 silences is too much for an encounter.

Constricting Arrow should be a Daily: First hit applies the constriction, then the character should have Strong Roots applied(rooted),possibly with 1/2/3 adding a small AoE that would apply a Snare to nearby enemies.

Disruptive Shot should be an encounter.

Thoughts?
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    @munkey81

Agreed about swapping CA and Disruptive, would make much more sense.

About roots - don't even know. You still can't dodge them, but they no longer seem to be OP.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    @munkey81
    About roots - don't even know. You still can't dodge them, but they no longer seem to be OP.

Cryptic is all over the map when they "fix" stuff.......
  • yourtormentyourtorment Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The gripe here however, is that people believe that constricting shouldnt be able to be dodged.. kinda like shocking exec...

People dodge my Choke, repel, ice knife, ect ect ect, ALL THE TIME...

Just because you dodge my choke, doesnt mean you only dodge dmg, and you still get choked.. Its a dodge, its a full 100% mitigation to its effects.

Constricting was broken and is STILL insanely viable in a fight. Being able to spam it with no worry about missing is asking for easymode.
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Only thing I have to say here is:

Please do NOT make undocumented changes any more.

Please do EXPLAIN PURPOSE of class altering changes each time. This should be done in advance.

Please CONSTANTLY communicate with players.

Please offer free respecs each time class altering changes are made.

Thank you.
  • bigbullyboybigbullyboy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ^^ Accountability and transparency
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I played a HR by myself in PvP and I find it ok that my opponents are able to dodge these things. I dont understand the complains, my roots are working quite well when I hit. :)

Offtopic: I really would like to be able to dodge Icy Rays. It is very annoying that you get rooted and frozen with 100% chance no matter what you do.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The gripe here however, is that people believe that constricting shouldnt be able to be dodged.. kinda like shocking exec...

People dodge my Choke, repel, ice knife, ect ect ect, ALL THE TIME...

Just because you dodge my choke, doesnt mean you only dodge dmg, and you still get choked.. Its a dodge, its a full 100% mitigation to its effects.

Constricting was broken and is STILL insanely viable in a fight. Being able to spam it with no worry about missing is asking for easymode.

Constricting is completely dodgeable. I've had many CWs DCs and pretty much any class dodge it at some point. I also believe that every skill should be dodgeable, no skill should ever be a sure shot. But once you're hit by constricting or any skill you shouldn't be able to dodge its effects which atm you cannot unless you have a CC immunity skill.

But right now binding arrow doesn't really bind or root you since while it will slowly return you to the spot you were rooted you can still dodge other skills fire at you while being rooted which is wrong.
  • goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The main problem with CA is the follow it is normal to dodge first hit, but after you are get effect it's must be undodgeable.
    I prefer CA to have 2 tick instead of 3 but they to cannot be dodged after hit land on target.

Because at moment is very stupid. When you fight vs normal people this skill work very well, but when you meet premade this skill goes useless... and you need to change all your encounters and play style to be viable.