test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HR Changes/bugs after PvP update

xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
edited March 2014 in The Wilds
Constricting doesnt aply the debuff anymore when ur target is immun/dodged the skill. No clue if its a bug or unmentioned change.But im sure it is a bug since when u dodge every other encounter that aplies a debuff, u still have the debuff but u take no dmg from it when u dodged it.
Roots do NOTHING at all, ppl can just walk or dodge out of them, even strong roots.

Edit: Binding arrow still only works in close range....
Post edited by xmousepadx on

Comments

• destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think the constricting arrow debuff is a intentional unmentioned change. Heard it talked about before.

Though the grasping roots seem way less effective now. Doesnt seem to do much anymore in my experience in playing with it.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I just figured out that u can just dodge out of strong roots, cuz the short immunity window from ur dodge removes them...I rly hope that this is a bug. And it doesnt work for Hr dodges...
  • dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    HR has been seriously gimped by this tenacity patch

Not only did they lose the roots (which made the class unique) but now they have several bugs with constricting arrow as well

So basically, HR = no more Control what so ever, it's just a Straight DPS class in a land where REAL dps dosent seem to exist anymore

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think most of the class right now feel they've all been nerfed, which really sucks. Only thing we can do is adapt and find new ways, it's just annoying that the queue system sucks so much that we can't get in enough matches to test things out right now.

On the plus side, I no longer feel GWFs are the most OP. You can actually kill some of these that were un-killable before this healing depression came in.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    It's not about being nerfed or not, just about if it is intended or not. Cuz right now ppl tell me that some still get the constricting debuff on an Tr that uses itc.
    Also my roots pull ppl back sometimes after they dodged but not always, so im pretty sure they are bugged.

Edit: If u dodge constricting on an HR u still have the debuff like befor the patch, so thats either a note that its bugged for every other class or that HR dodge is even worse than befor now compared to other dodges.
  • fernandosbfernandosb Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    It's not about being nerfed or not, just about if it is intended or not. Cuz right now ppl tell me that some still get the constricting debuff on an Tr that uses itc.
    Also my roots pull ppl back sometimes after they dodged but not always, so im pretty sure they are bugged.

Edit: If u dodge constricting on an HR u still have the debuff like befor the patch, so thats either a note that its bugged for every other class or that HR dodge is even worse than befor now compared to other dodges.

Constricting arrow and roots were never supposed to work in targets with cc immunity so for these purposes they have been fixed, check patch notes and you will see. I can't say about the rest though..

did hunters suffer with changes? yea but duh there wasn't anything more stupid than roots over cc immunity seriously. Go marauder escape boar charge and fox from now on...
  • sumrrainsumrrain Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I was looking forward to the changes in PVP. they sounded like much needed changes. I am sick of getting dropped into a queue where only 4 of you spawn and you get your butts handed to you. penalizing for dropping would reduce the number of times I would have to drop because I am one of 3 against 5. That is not fun! NOT ever! Even if the 3 of us are in communication, 3 on 5 in PVP very rarely wins under any conditions. So OK, these look good coming out. Then for 3 days we cannot queue. 45 minutes...still waiting....then we queue up and you are still short players - but dont drop because you get penalized because the queue let you spawn short players. And how about the people that dont have time to chase down your release notes? What a novel idea to warn them when they are dropping out of the queue, that doing so would dock them 30 minutes from being in any queue? Really? I know you could have warned them and then let them continue. but I cant tell you how many people I have played with that were unaware of this release and you kicked their teeth in! I knew and I have not been hit but I think it would be wise to warn people in game of their consequences. And another thing, why is there no support for this game at all? No one answers in game calls for assist, stucks, etc, no one answers emails. I am a playing member (for the moment anyway). If the issue is too many freebies, then make a VIP membership that for something nominal you get x number of crown etc (I mean like 6.99 like my other games) and then ACTUALLY PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICE! You are missing a whole arena of people with money but no patience to play games with no customer service.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I didn't like the new gear, couldn't seem to get the stat allocation I wanted. So I just qued in my PVE gear. Maybe I was aginst a bad team but got plenty of kills and won the match. Try again later today...
  • snappa0126snappa0126 Member Posts: 90
    edited March 2014
    dersidius wrote: »
    HR has been seriously gimped by this tenacity patch

Not only did they lose the roots (which made the class unique) but now they have several bugs with constricting arrow as well

So basically, HR = no more Control what so ever, it's just a Straight DPS class in a land where REAL dps dosent seem to exist anymore

I am a GF with @1200 Tenacity and HR roots work amazing on me. GF's are an easy kill for HR's right now.
    HAMSTER, level 60 GF, "Bloodthirsty" since Mod 2
    Anarchist, level 60 CW
    Arsenic,
    level 60 TR
    Pluck Yew, level 60 HR
    Therapissed,
    level 60 DC
  • goldheartgoldheart Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    I didn't like the new gear, couldn't seem to get the stat allocation I wanted. So I just qued in my PVE gear. Maybe I was aginst a bad team but got plenty of kills and won the match. Try again later today...

I am still like you in PVE stuff but this work vs ppl like me that do not have PVP stuff. I think to go for idk how much I can do but as much as possible ArP. Only this is the way that I see now with all this defensive stats... If this do not work so I can just go to try full defensive build and if there is no fun - next MMO will be available.
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    HR is the only class that came out buffed after this patch. A properly specced HR now is nearly as hard to kill as a GWF. But most don't know how to spec right so... have fun being farmed.