test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new PVP set for GWF

xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
edited March 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I have been running my Sent GWF with the GG set forever, but I recently took the time to build an AoW set. Now with the limited time trade on GG to PVP sets, I was wonder what you guys think would be the more ideal set for an IV Sent GWF.
Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
- JailBreak (in development)
Post edited by xelliz on

Comments

• doggy009doggy009 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    2 sent 2 destroyer for more hp and balanced stats
    Killy2
    SENT IV GWF - PVP
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    they all suck.

My money is on the T1.
  • eton3000eton3000 Banned Users Posts: 230 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    my money is on another game
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    PvP new sets work fine i guess. The sentinel sets for PvP deliver a good combination of defense-deflection-HP, and with ArP PvP jewelry you can achieve good ArP too.

The other 2 sets i don't know what could be used for, except 2/2 combos. Weapons seem good too. Good attack power and give tenacity. Sad they don't have a 2 pieces bonus. I can see many combos with PvP sets to satisfy every PvP GWF.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Who cares, anymore? Seriously, this patch killed PVP for myself and many others I am sure.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I traded mine in for the Sentinel PvP Armor Set/Sword Set, and I'm enjoying it thus far. The Slow effect from the armor is actually noticeable, though I need to determine if it stacks/interferes/works with the Perfect Frost Enchantment... :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • elcockerino87elcockerino87 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have the same issue i cant decide on what pieces i should get, even with the accesory items i cant decide. Anyone that knows what hes talking about can guide me? the above asnwers are all different.. The 2/2 proposition intrigues me but which 2? since chest has different stats than the other pieces.
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    eton3000 wrote: »
    my money is on another game

HAHAAHAH, yeah pretty much. Combine the GG Insti/Sent sets for tons of HP, I found it the best option, but it all still sucks and PvP is now ruined. Thus, let's move on to another game. Sad to say but after playing this game from the beginning I've had enough.
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited March 2014
    HAHAAHAH, yeah pretty much. Combine the GG Insti/Sent sets for tons of HP, I found it the best option, but it all still sucks and PvP is now ruined. Thus, let's move on to another game. Sad to say but after playing this game from the beginning I've had enough.

See ya!!!!!!!!!
  • chudovishyechudovishye Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    See ya!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry, I'll wait till your on so I can hunt you down occasionally and hop on your body as I state the above over and over again.
  • myth8892myth8892 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2014
    I hardly believe pvp is ruined, just because we are not running around like Demi-gods anymore does not make the pvp system ruined...
    I never really cared for the regen <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or even the life stealing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> myself, I wish after a nasty fight with 1-2 other players and you win, that there was a way to sit down and eat and heal like in WOW, because as it is now, they respawn really quickly and come back at you before you can get much healed back up... I still have some regen gear but will be going more Tenacity Jewelry as well, but hard to still
    let the regen stuff goes, because it still helps a little bit...

Fighting a GOOD rogue means you can die now, before patch even a good rogue would never win a fight, so this is more balanced now.
    Perma stealth rogue are a huge pita now, they can chip you away pretty good before engaging, before, my regen out did there stealth knife throwing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I use to laugh about that before, now i have to seriously look and try and see if i can infact find that rogue...
    Like i said above, using a pot right after a big fight kind of sucks now, going through health potions alot more because of this, I just wish
    you could actually heal yourself by eating and sitting like in WOW....
    I have been in alot better and challenging pug fights than before, yes there is still the ROFL stomping matches but not near as many as
    there was in the past...
    I eventually will go full tenacity gear to try that out down the road, saving seals for the profound armor first, not much better stats, but
    I like the +450 crit at least, figure i will go with 1 set profound for the crit and 1 set for the hps which is the lower grade armor..
    I do wish the sword and off hand had a + crit to it as well like other combos, but they dont and i can live with that anyways for now...

If you cannot run around like a god or something anymore and this frustrates people, than maybe you were not that good to begin with.. I die more often than i did before, but the other team usually recognizes the fact that i am a huge threat to them, I have had to many times where a player i just put a whooping on comes right back at me, kind of fun =)

I myself welcome this change and am adapting, than again i don't pve and only pvp, so it has made it at least to me alot funner to play.

PS: sorry about the way my sentences came out, I dont hardly post and i guess it showed =)
  • jester000jester000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited March 2014
    I don't like the profound set so went with 2 grim and stuck with 2 titan (for now) then went regen profound neck and waist, kept my regen decent enough and my ten is at 500. Still early days for me to decide whether or not regen is still needed at the lvl I have but if not I'll grab the wep/knot set too.

Not many gwf's used the pvp sets for pvp whereas tr's did, maybe if the gwf set was better to begin with it would make having to change gear easier to accept

What disappointed me is that after introducing artifacts which give 700 regen and temp hp the devs then decide to nerf regen and temp hp with healing depression forcing players to change their set up/items ect. It smacks of a money making change rather than a genuine attempt to make pvp better

My prediction for pvp when players are fully geared with tenacity gear? More perma tr's and gwf premades with tank cleric
    Zach
    Essence of Aggression
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    jester000 wrote: »
    My prediction for pvp when players are fully geared with tenacity gear? More perma tr's and gwf premades

TRs, sure. But gwfs? Now that their vitality, their ability to generate HP one way or the other, has disappeared, what class mechanism makes them desirable any more for pvp? No range, no deflect, no stealth, no burst, no heal.
    It's back to post closed-beta, where you were able to predict the outcome of a PvP session just by adding one point per TR and substracting one point per gwf.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    nazghul22 wrote: »
    TRs, sure. But gwfs? Now that their vitality, their ability to generate HP one way or the other, has disappeared, what class mechanism makes them desirable any more for pvp? No range, no deflect, no stealth, no burst, no heal.
    It's back to post closed-beta, where you were able to predict the outcome of a PvP session just by adding one point per TR and substracting one point per gwf.

Are you even playing gwf yourself? With my 12k gs sentinel toon I have survivability and damage that other class at this lvl can only dream of. 16k+ gwfs are still monsters and played well there is almost no way to takem down solo.

If youre a senti gwf yourself and youre complaining about this class in PvP, then no offense but, you must be terible...

About TRs: Only permas are OP, the rest of TRs got nerfed pretty bad actually:/
  • slushpsychoslushpsycho Member Posts: 657 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    barq3t wrote: »
    Are you even playing gwf yourself? With my 12k gs sentinel toon I have survivability and damage that other class at this lvl can only dream of. 16k+ gwfs are still monsters and played well there is almost no way to takem down solo.

If youre a senti gwf yourself and youre complaining about this class in PvP, then no offense but, you must be terible...

About TRs: Only permas are OP, the rest of TRs got nerfed pretty bad actually:/

I dunno any good TR that did not run SS before this patch so basically the nuub TRs got nerfed.
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    2 and 2 combo gives you the best hp ....good tenacity(around 700)... I will pair those with jewelry with armpen(the more the better...)