Thayen helm clipping

xxmantaraxx
xxmantaraxx Member Posts: 361 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Picked up the blue Thayen helm for GWF and figured I would slot it with Fey blessing enchant and use it while doing daily missions in Shar and Dread Ring. I noticed immediately that My characters head is coming through the top of the helm. This combined with the broken GWF weapon, combined with the massive armor clipping of the blue trade bar mount... its just plain ugly. My character is becoming very Picasso lately.

Any way, did a search and couldnt find anything on this so I thought I would say something.

Ara Atheanes GWF
Traxus Atheanes GF
Bastiel Atheanes DC
Ellara Atheanes CW
Keira Atheanes TR
Sarasin Atheanes SW
Jerkface McGee HR
-MANTARA- OP

Post edited by xxmantaraxx on

Comments

• colonelwing
    colonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Picked up the blue Thayen helm for GWF and figured I would slot it with Fey blessing enchant and use it while doing daily missions in Shar and Dread Ring. I noticed immediately that My characters head is coming through the top of the helm. This combined with the broken GWF weapon, combined with the massive armor clipping of the blue trade bar mount... its just plain ugly. My character is becoming very Picasso lately.

Any way, did a search and couldnt find anything on this so I thought I would say something.

Because you made a typo, the items are called Thayan, not Thayen. I reported this bug, too.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?592991-GWF-Thayan-zealot-helmet-nasty-visual-bug&p=7123091

• xxmantaraxx
    edited January 2014
    Thank you colonelwing. Its good to know its not just me.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• colonelwing
    colonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you colonelwing. Its good to know its not just me.

There is a workaround for the clipping. Certain hairstyles are not affected by it. I already asked a nice person, which ones are not but i am still waiting on a reply. To me, this helmet is one of the very few good looking GWF helmets and the bug/glitch just kills it.

• xxmantaraxx
    edited January 2014
    Its strange that hairstyle would affect it since the helm seems to remove hair. I agree it is one of my favorites so far, but like you am willing to wait for a fix or guaranteed workaround before I throw hundreds of zen at altering my look and hoping to get it right.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• czarnamimoza
    czarnamimoza Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2014
    I have the same problem, I think it's because I increased the height and depth of my character's head. Still, I want to use this helmet because it looks really cool, but I don't want to spend money on change appearance tokens.
  • zebular
    zebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    . . . I also notice that my nose and ears stick through most helmets and masks on most races and genders. I really do wish to see these clipping issues resolved as it just looks ugly on an otherwise awesome piece of equipment.
  • maatmons
    maatmons Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    To me, this helmet is one of the very few good looking GWF helmets and the bug/glitch just kills it.

Really? I thought it looked even worse that the others. It's what finally made me disable visuals for my helmet.

Speaking of which, if you'd rather look like you're not wearing a helmet but still gain the benefits, that's an option. I've grown to prefer my character's wild hair and mutton chops over any of the helmets.