test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Allow a foundry chain quest reward

doc4gothdoc4goth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 61
NO this is not a we need to be able to decide what kind of treasure since that would obviously be abused by some folks. What I am suggesting is a way of flagging a player who has completed several foundry quests as a chain and then a Treasure chest that rewards appropriate to the player class/level and time spent doing the chain. Perhaps a function of time and waypoints.

This would be rewarding to the authors, players and Cryptic;

the players it would reward them for spending the time playing an entire series of foundry quests,

the authors would be rewarded in that they would have people taking the time to play the entire series and honoring the work they invested in making the foundry series, also players would tend review longer series with appropriate rewards and perhaps even tip more :)

Cryptic would be rewarded in that players and authors would spend more time online playing, AND it would be a good way to identify possible authors for future expansion or content. I point to the success of such games as ARMA and Operation Flashpoint or Counterstrike where there is/was an active player authoring component. Several well known modders from these communities now work for the various companies or for other game design companies.
--Doc4Goth

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by doc4goth on

Comments

• ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2014
    doc4goth wrote: »
    NO this is not a we need to be able to decide what kind of treasure since that would obviously be abused by some folks.

I think if there is a will there is always a way. I have to say that the main problem with the foundry is the lack of rewards, if at least they could provide the cta rewards in there that would be a good start.

here is how i see it (mind that it;s only an idea and far from perfect): Add to each mob in the foundry a certain rating, any given publish should have a minimum rating to qualify and also you need to kill the mobs and gather points similar to GG to get the chest. When you put mobs on a map they should limit the numbers of points u can get from a certain pack encouraging the publisher to use more types of mobs. Lets say from 1000 minimum points req to publish one can use only 400 for minions and the rest should be for champions or bosses.

If you choose to do a chain quest the reward should be calculated at the end of it and according to the points u collect by doing them to access a certain lvl of a reward.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You could have a special reward only if it's something that has no actual extra benefits beyond what is currently available in gear/ items.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and dead horse from other games in overpowered special rewards discussions.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This would be very nice. Currently getting a review on an entire eight part campaign with more to come is rather difficult.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.