test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Little finding i made ( probably already known)

ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2014 in The Wilds
Let me start out saying im a hybrid HR and I was discussing in another thread about favouring melee or ranged crit chance depending on how much/how u were really utilizing each stance. Basically I was arguing (with myself mostly i must admit) about the feating regarding archery and combat feat trees which ratio in feat points between correcting aim and bleeding precision would be better, which probably a math freak would be better at solving.

So it was Basically either getting a better crit rate for split shot/rain of arrows spamming or getting a better chance at criting with melee burst aka fox shift. ( which btw the more i think about hindering strike for the dungeon crawling part of the dungeon the more i like it coz it basically hits as hard as any one fox strike but doesnt have a target limit and applies strong grasping roots, so its pretty **** nice paired with a sing)

So i went into preview and started doing some respecs to test things out. While i was testing correcting aim i thought about split the sky because that one never crits and might help abuse correcting aim a little further.

and voila, it procs correcting aim. So that skill besides its usual usefullness... paired with correcting aim is a crit chance generator!

So now i know im gona take correcting aim to 5/5 and everytime i need to ensure crits with some burst i know i just need to cast split the sky and within a few seconds i know i will have some stupidly high crit chance for it.
Post edited by ximae on

Comments

• trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
  • ximaeximae Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    How do i waste them?

CA is t3 bleeding precision is t4.

I can get CA to 5/5 (buff both stances crit) and then choose how do i want to distribute the points into damage buff feats (snipers aim and lethal hunter)
  • elminsterelminster Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes because that's constructive. "You're wrong," end convo ...

/on topic

I like the idea from a PvE standing, especially if you combine it with sing and hindering or RoA, but how would you make it work in PvP? I mean nobody's going to just stand there and let you build up crit chance, so you have to have a way around it. I've been chewing on this for a couple hours now and I'm thinking it would almost have to be straight PvE combo only
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well seeing every attack you make procs it if it doesn't crit I hardly see an issue in PvP. That said look at what the opposing team is made up of and if they are all melee based swap to Sky and dump it on the point you want to cap. If they stay out of the Sky AoE, win for you, if they come in, win for you. But if they are mostly ranged go with Rapid/Electirc and SS. There is no "always right" tactic for HRs, (even Split Shot isn't always right) and you need to adjust for the circumstances you face.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • kazexkumokazexkumo Member Posts: 46
    edited January 2014
    Well seeing every attack you make procs it if it doesn't crit I hardly see an issue in PvP. That said look at what the opposing team is made up of and if they are all melee based swap to Sky and dump it on the point you want to cap. If they stay out of the Sky AoE, win for you, if they come in, win for you. But if they are mostly ranged go with Rapid/Electirc and SS. There is no "always right" tactic for HRs, (even Split Shot isn't always right) and you need to adjust for the circumstances you face.

what if they hybrid HR too? since we can control range and melee easily.
    edited January 2014
    elminster wrote: »

/on topic

I never said anything along the lines of he was "wrong", a little bit of reading comprehension goes a long way you know.

ximae wrote: »
    How do i waste them?

CA is t3 bleeding precision is t4.

I can get CA to 5/5 (buff both stances crit) and then choose how do i want to distribute the points into damage buff feats (snipers aim and lethal hunter)

By doing that You lose a capstone, deflection and run speed and what you gain by doing this nowhere near as valuable imo.
    edited January 2014
    elminster wrote: »

/on topic

I like the idea from a PvE standing, especially if you combine it with sing and hindering or RoA, but how would you make it work in PvP? I mean nobody's going to just stand there and let you build up crit chance, so you have to have a way around it. I've been chewing on this for a couple hours now and I'm thinking it would almost have to be straight PvE combo only

Yes im thinking from a pve standpoint, it could be situationally usefull in pvp but i dont really like split the sky and specially throw caution for pvp ... well i really dont like pvp since mod 2 came out, im pve specced and its disgustingly hard to get a good match and i always end up frustrated.
    edited January 2014
    I never said anything along the lines of he was "wrong", a little bit of reading comprehension goes a long way you know.

By doing that You lose a capstone, deflection and run speed and what you gain by doing this nowhere near as valuable imo.

Well honestly im running with the melee capstone rightnow, wont respec till i finish off farming the glory i need, and i really dont find it too good for pve, at least till it takes the bows weapon damage into consideration. I very situationally use melee atwills, like there being a big bunch of adds bunched up where i can bypass splitshots 5 target cap, and then a 1/6 chance to do 500 extra damage on the encounters doesnt seem to be better than getting better damage from my ranged stance.

As for deflection/runspeed... i barely pvp so i really dont care about those, id rather have more dps for pve (black arrow and bloodthirsty). Im really not a fan of deflection stacking for pve as its insconsistent im more of a defense/ls stacker ( i run with 31% dr and near 10% ls)
    edited January 2014
    Ahh I see you're talking pve, then this would work fine.