test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blue marks and skill nodes

ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Does anyone know which lvl 60 areas skill nodes drop blue marks. The descriptor says lvl 60 areas do, but i've been running the first Sharandar area for a few weeks farming the five skill nodes and i've got nothing. Is there an adventure zone that anyone has gotten a blue mark from the skill nodes?
Post edited by ott0maddux on

Comments

• howdyyeowhowdyyeow Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2013
    I got the blue Mark of Stability once in a skill node at the Tower of Celadaine, but that's the only blue one I got out of several nodes where mostly greens drop.

Chances are you can find them around the level 60 zones, just that they are extremely rare.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Got a Blue Mark Of Power from a Skill Node in Sharendar a couple of weeks ago. I was so surprised to see it I started a thread about it thinking it was a Bug :)

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . Any skill nodes and chests in level 60 areas and instances can drop green or blue marks. I've yet to see a purple drop from one but have gotten a plethora of greens and a decent amount of blues. Enough to have 4 blue artifacts and a purple with one more to spare. Also, any boss in an epic dungeon delve, as well as skill nodes and chests, has a chance to drop blue marks. Not sure about heroic, as I rarely run heroic delves. The tool-tips just haven't been updated post-release of Shadowmantle to reflect changes to where they drop.
  • ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I've got plenty of greens, but no blues. All of Sharandar is supposed to be lvl 60 isn't it?
  • howdyyeowhowdyyeow Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2013
    ott0maddux wrote: »
    I've got plenty of greens, but no blues. All of Sharandar is supposed to be lvl 60 isn't it?

It is, but blues are not that easy to acquire from skill nodes unless some botting is used.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I haven't seen a blue mark yet. I think they must be a myth.
  • trapublicantrapublican Member Posts: 206 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    I haven't seen a blue mark yet. I think they must be a myth.

I've seen one drop from Kallos Tam in Epic CC and then I proceeded to roll a 1, if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have none at all.

I pulled a blue Mark of Power out of a node in DR the other day, surprised the hell out of me when it happened.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have not seen one blue. I have a bunch of enchants and 2 artifacts to upgrade and no blues.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have gotten a blue mark from a node in New Sharandar as well as one from a node in Tower of Celadine. They do drop, but it is a very low droprate.
  • luckycharms1979luckycharms1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Maybe when Professions is running the drop rate % might increase...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Got a blue mark of union in Death Spire during professions. Haven't seen any others yet but haven't been farming a lot either.

You can also get them from the Cask of Wonders that can drop from your quest chest in the Dread Ring lairs.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I saw a blue mark in a chest that me and someone else had when the same chest open, unfortunately I was too slow and didn't get it :c. Got some at other nodes though occasionally and drom dread solo dungeons.
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They drop from any level 60 area, but the drops are very rare. I got 4 marks of power, 3-4 of union and 5 stability. I've never found anywhere in the game, however, marks of potency. I got a few from opening boxes (using enchanted keys), but I bought all the others I needed.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My husband did get a blue mark of potency out of his cask of wonders, so it can happen. No argument that all the blues marks are ridiculously rare though.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have three blue Marks of Potency and one blue Mark of Power and a whole bunch of green ones of all kinds. I am glad that we can find these outside of the epic dungeons. Thumbs up to the developers for this.
    Here's a bit of tip: the Gauntlets are worth every AD.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.