test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stance Dancing is Weird.

bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Wilds
I'm loving Hunter Ranger so far. There's a certain strategic depth that's buried under layers and layers of either terrible bugs or great game mechanics. There are a number of feats that add passive bonuses based on the stance you are in, or whether you are using "ranged/melee" attacks. Choice of words is ambiguous here and is often incorrect it seems.

For example, Aspect of the Serpent works as intended. Ranged attack damage takes from your Ranged stacks, adds to your Melee stacks, and vice versa. It's worded as while in "Ranged Stance". Even if you Stance change when charging a Split/Aim Shot, the correct stack will always be added. Unlike the following feat which is worded as "Your ranged attacks.." with no mention of stance...

Black Arrow
This feat is supposed to increase your Ranged Crit Severity by +10%. The way this seems to affect your Crit Severity is that while in Ranged Stance your menu Crit Severity stat will be increased by 10%. I didn't do a parse so the sample might be too small but from what I can observe, if you execute a Melee Encounter like Marauder's Rush and then swap to Ranged Stance before the attack connects, then Marauder's Rush will hit with the additional 10% severity. Assuming you crit, but that shouldn't be a problem if you use....

Correcting Aim
Might be intended since the description has no mention of stance. Adds +5% crit everytime you whiff a melee attack. Using Rapid Strike in between fights or while hiding can lead to some hilarious crit chances and interesting hit-and-run tactics. You can open every fight with a 100% crit Split/Aim Shot, proc Master of Archery, and fire off a quick Binding Arrow crit:
VWv5TjG.jpg

Bleeding Precision / Elusive Hunter
Something I'd like to test, if I ever respec is whether the +10% crit in Combat is applied to menu Crit in the same way that Black Arrow is. If so then you should be able to swap to Melee Stance during a Ranged attack animation and gain the bonus crit chance. If anyone is running a Combat build, can you lemme know if the +10% crit/deflect is applied to your menu stats as soon as you Stance change?

Looking for more edge cases for skills and feats and wondering if it always makes senses to stance dance before certain attacks.
2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
Post edited by bananachef on

Comments

• voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    bananachef wrote: »
    I'm loving Hunter Ranger so far. There's a certain strategic depth that's buried under layers and layers of either terrible bugs or great game mechanics. There are a number of feats that add passive bonuses based on the stance you are in, or whether you are using "ranged/melee" attacks. Choice of words is ambiguous here and is often incorrect it seems.

For example, Aspect of the Serpent works as intended. Ranged attack damage takes from your Ranged stacks, adds to your Melee stacks, and vice versa. It's worded as while in "Ranged Stance". Even if you Stance change when charging a Split/Aim Shot, the correct stack will always be added. Unlike the following feat which is worded as "Your ranged attacks.." with no mention of stance...

Black Arrow
    This feat is supposed to increase your Ranged Crit Severity by +10%. The way this seems to affect your Crit Severity is that while in Ranged Stance your menu Crit Severity stat will be increased by 10%. I didn't do a parse so the sample might be too small but from what I can observe, if you execute a Melee Encounter like Marauder's Rush and then swap to Ranged Stance before the attack connects, then Marauder's Rush will hit with the additional 10% severity. Assuming you crit, but that shouldn't be a problem if you use....

Correcting Aim
    Might be intended since the description has no mention of stance. Adds +5% crit everytime you whiff a melee attack. Using Rapid Strike in between fights or while hiding can lead to some hilarious crit chances and interesting hit-and-run tactics. You can open every fight with a 100% crit Split/Aim Shot, proc Master of Archery, and fire off a quick Binding Arrow crit:
    VWv5TjG.jpg

Bleeding Precision / Elusive Hunter
    Something I'd like to test, if I ever respec is whether the +10% crit in Combat is applied to menu Crit in the same way that Black Arrow is. If so then you should be able to swap to Melee Stance during a Ranged attack animation and gain the bonus crit chance. If anyone is running a Combat build, can you lemme know if the +10% crit/deflect is applied to your menu stats as soon as you Stance change?

Looking for more edge cases for skills and feats and wondering if it always makes senses to stance dance before certain attacks.

Its not a buff and you only get the crit chance while in melee stance so as soon as you switch to ranged you lose it and that aplyies to every melee stance feat in combat tree.
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ^ So you should retain the extra crit if you start charging a split shot, switch to melee, then fire the split shot
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW