test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to mail self "Account-Bound" Exp-boost scrolls

bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Still have some Exp-boost scrolls tagged as "Account-bound"

Dragging the item into the mail delivery slots give a message stating that Account-Bound items must be addressed to yourself into order to be sent. However, this message is still popping up even after entering my @handle as the recipient.
2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
Post edited by bananachef on

Comments

• melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    this is a known issue as the item is flagged as both account bound and character bound. i would imagine this will be corrected in the future, although when remains to be seen.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    . . . . . As Mel said, this only affects this particular item. You can mail any other account-bound item as long as you first fill in your @handle before dragging the item to the mail item slot. Subject updated accordingly.
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . As Mel said, this only affects this particular item. You can mail any other account-bound item as long as you first fill in your @handle before dragging the item to the mail item slot. Subject updated accordingly.

I did this @handle still don't let me send anything bound to my other char :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    I did this @handle still don't let me send anything bound to my other char :/
    . . . . . . "Bound (Character)" cannot be transferred, as it is bound to your character. It is "Bound (Account)" items that you can mail between characters on your own account. The item in question here in the OP of this thread has been acknowledged that it is bugged because it is flagged as both "Bound (Character)" and "Bound (Account)" when it should only be the latter.

. . . . . . You're confusing Account Bound and Character Bound items. Character Bound items were never meant to be transferrable on one's account. It is Account Bound items that were made to be mail-able with Module 2.
  • degeneratestormdegeneratestorm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited December 2013
    I've had a couple of Adventure's XP Boost items in my bags for a while now, and with the Hunter-Ranger class out now, I though I'd ship them off to her so I can get some use out of them. However, every time I try attaching them to my mail, I keep getting the same "[Error]: You cannot attach that item to an outgoing message. If the item is account-bound, the message must first be addressed to yourself." message. I've tried with just my @handle, I've tried with the character name before my handle, and I still get the same message.

Am I doing something wrong? I thought with this current patch they rolled out the mailing of account-bound items. If someone could help me figure this out, I'd appreciate it greatly.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    What I hear is that the Caturday XP-boosters are bugged and character-bound even though they are flagged as account-bound, therefore still cannot be mailed.

You're not doing anything wrong. It's just that one item.

I have successfully mailed new account-bound items (bound coffer pres wards).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited December 2013
    I've had a couple of Adventure's XP Boost items in my bags for a while now, and with the Hunter-Ranger class out now, I though I'd ship them off to her so I can get some use out of them. However, every time I try attaching them to my mail, I keep getting the same "[Error]: You cannot attach that item to an outgoing message. If the item is account-bound, the message must first be addressed to yourself." message. I've tried with just my @handle, I've tried with the character name before my handle, and I still get the same message.

Am I doing something wrong? I thought with this current patch they rolled out the mailing of account-bound items. If someone could help me figure this out, I'd appreciate it greatly.
    Please see Melodwhyr's and my replies above. Merged thread with existing one.
  • xasersourcexasersource Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still an issue.
  • xasersourcexasersource Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Still an issue, cannot mail my exp scrolls to another character.
    edited February 2014
    Still an issue, cannot mail my exp scrolls to another character.
    Thanks, but there is no need to bump the thread. Thanks!