test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fastest PK Completion ever?

ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
Our guild (<420>) is hosting a contest that rewards the winners of the fastest epic Pirate King completion time. I'm just wondering what other people's records are and what's the best verifiable PK completion time?

We've got our fastest runs down to 16-17 minutes but I think with the perfect group we might be able to shave up to 3 minutes off that.

http://www.twitch.tv/muknowti/c/3393478

1x GF 1x HR 1x GWF 2x CW
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    lol that push 2 talk sound from vent. Turn it of for the love of valindra!
  • sirglenosirgleno Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 75
    edited December 2013
    I was in a PUG that completed 3 runs of DK a few days ago (which our very experienced party leader claimed he often achieved), though I didn't specifically note the completion times. That puts us at 15 min or less (I'd estimate 14 due to the queue times and such) average between the first two runs - we just barely got in for the third.

I don't even remember the rest of the group (though I do recall we had at least 1 CW that solo managed all the trash during the boss fight), but I was running a 14k Annointed Champion DC, packing a bunch of debuffs with very minimal healing. I'd consider any "optimal" group to include 1 debuff focused DC (personal bias might color this a tad), and a control focused CW - the rest being heavy dps, with a preference for single target focused builds.

Also, the whole group needs to make the run - anyone dying along the way would obviously wreck the speed trial. Finding an entire group (especially a pug) that can do this is very rare in my experience (packing sunburst and chains helps on this a bit).

If only all my pugs were like this...
    Dystopia - Impact Cleric
    Nyx - Divine Cleric
    Medusa - Brush Wizard
    Spinnerella - Combat Wizard

Don't forget to update the Wiki!
  • yeahnubbyyeahnubby Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    My guild, Order of the Ravens, did some speed runs that took around 10-12 minutes. I think we were 3 CWs, 1 TR, 1 DC
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    Our guild (<420>) is hosting a contest that rewards the winners of the fastest epic Pirate King completion time. I'm just wondering what other people's records are and what's the best verifiable PK completion time?

We've got our fastest runs down to 16-17 minutes but I think with the perfect group we might be able to shave up to 3 minutes off that.

1x GF 1x HR 1x GWF 2x CW

I hope you mean fastest *legit* run?
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2013
    pointsman wrote: »
    I hope you mean fastest *legit* run?

Legit, yes. The recorded run I posted is no exploits.
  • dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    ranncore wrote: »

1x GF 1x HR 1x GWF 2x CW

Back during release my team could run it in about 14-15 minutes.

I was a 4/4 Stal Deflect/Regen Tank /w 3 CW's and 1 DC. I would run and aggro all mobs from start to door. Then grab all mobs to boss and burn on boss. Then run to next boss and burn and then run to last campfire and burn there.

Pretty crazy but it's about as fast as you can go.

This would be considered a 100% Run, no skipping of bosses or path exploits.