test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Devs...

mischievouspumamischievouspuma Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PvE Discussion
I doubt you folks have any concern over one persons feelings but, I think loot system in neverwinter is VERY questionable. We spend 2 hours in a dungeon fighting all your dang adds (cause that the way to make a fight harder) only to get to the end boss and receive a BLUE DROP that nobody in the group can use. After that much time spent playing, there should be a risk/reward system. As it stands now, HIGH risk and cost (kits and pots) with very LITTLE reward. Most of us said what the heck and just waited until a DD popped up to TRY and get something we could use from the chest. NOW however, you have made it so that ANY class item will come in the chest and not necessarily the class you're currently playing. The item is bound to character not account. It can ONLY be used as a salvage item at this point which in turn, makes playing neverwinter no fun at all. It's frustrating to work your butt off to beat something only to get screwed with the loot. I started playing in beta and have enjoyed most of the game so far. It has come to the point now that i no longer wish to pay my money for the little <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you put into the store just to get a "pretty" when i can't even earn one in a dungeon.

Please decide which is more important to you, giving us a little guarantee for our money or absolutely no money at all.

Sincerely,
a paying customer
Post edited by mischievouspuma on

Comments

• majhookmajhook Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    They need to just allow us to buy a chest key like they are doing with the campaign system. So I don't have to wait for the event that at best may run once a day when I am on. Give me a for sure once a day attempt at an "event" chest without an event.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Dungeon Delve chests only reward items you can use. Or at least that's the way they are meant to work. I believe Hunter Rangers may have a bug whereby they receive Cleric set items!

Note that boss loot is entirely separate from DD chest rewards.

As for blue vs purple loot from endbosses in particular, yeah, that's been raised and covered before in excruciating detail and no response from devs have been heard from it.

So, if DD chests are showing any other behavior than above since Module 2 release, it is most likely a bug and should be reported in the bug section.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The worst thing is RNG. The reward shouldn't rely on RNG, it should be steady progress, collecting tokens to buy gear or something like that. I leveled a cleric, bought blue gear and purple weapon for 8k AD. Second Cloak Tower gave me arms, second Cragmire Crypts boots, first Throne of Idris armor, I bought helm on AH then for 80k (farming Mad Dragon - no, just no). After that I grouped up with my friend and we decided to run FH (I was at 10k GS). First FH run - boots from DD chest. There were a little time of DD event left so we created a party for Karru. I've got arms. This is just incredible luck I see for the first time in this game.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    fondlez wrote: »
    I believe Hunter Rangers may have a bug whereby they receive Cleric set items!

Still gearing mine only capped 60 tonight but while leveling it was 50:50 in the runs I hit if the dd chest would be ranger gear or cleric gear.
  • omgnicktakenomgnicktaken Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    what i would like is a FORCE AUTO GREED loot mode for party, changeable only with a vote.

The reason is simple: deny ninja. The only way to farm atm is greed runs, and i have some bad experience with ninjas there.
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    what i would like is a FORCE AUTO GREED loot mode for party, changeable only with a vote.

The reason is simple: deny ninja. The only way to farm atm is greed runs, and i have some bad experience with ninjas there.

You can need on gear you actually can use for your class. I cant see why people think this is ninjaing. On the other hand there could be some improvements regarding skill nodes and chests maybe...
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited December 2013
    some bosses encounters are over exagerated with the huge endless numbers of adds they could reduce it on some dungeons... and ofc from what i noticed on this forum very few ppl actualy post the bug abuses the community use like hitting from a pillar/wall/undeground etc where boss cant see you its realy ruining the fun.....
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    some bosses encounters are over exagerated with the huge endless numbers of adds they could reduce it on some dungeons... and ofc from what i noticed on this forum very few ppl actualy post the bug abuses the community use like hitting from a pillar/wall/undeground etc where boss cant see you its realy ruining the fun.....

The vast majority of the bugs and exploits have been described in painful detail to the Devs many, many times. It is just that when nothing gets done people tend not to bother reporting them any more.
  • alexgabriel23alexgabriel23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 276
    edited December 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    The vast majority of the bugs and exploits have been described in painful detail to the Devs many, many times. It is just that when nothing gets done people tend not to bother reporting them any more.

I see..... sounds resonable but they will lose players is their interest to keep the game entertaiming i personaly love the game but im started to get sad i see so very few fixes and to dungeons almost nothin ppl still use the same bugs they need to test the dungeons more or to add something i saw in WoW in that game if you hit from a pillar or a place that the x boss/monster can't see he is immune , most of mmo's copy themselves they should copy the positive stuffs
  • jintortlejintortle Member Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    D D is idiotic. Why Adventurer's risking life and limb would only be able to open a chest at a certain time is ridiculous. It is tantamount to the game only being able to be played every second hour of the day - the other hour you can not play because I said so - na na de na na.
    Genus Draco Fad and the Muster@Jintortle
    ID: NW-DD5FLOBTJ
    Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Please participate and vote for your favourite - 26/6/2014 contest rating begins.

Sir Camps A Lot. Mr SlingShot Boom. XX Phantasmagorical. Jinn Dragonfeast.
    SlingShot Boom Jr. Jocan Traders. Little Lord Forgatty, Dwarf Mean and introducing Necro Torquemada (The Warlock)
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I see..... sounds resonable but they will lose players is their interest to keep the game entertaiming i personaly love the game but im started to get sad i see so very few fixes and to dungeons almost nothin ppl still use the same bugs they need to test the dungeons more or to add something i saw in WoW in that game if you hit from a pillar or a place that the x boss/monster can't see he is immune , most of mmo's copy themselves they should copy the positive stuffs

Wow is sub based and gets money from quality. NW is F2P and gets money from the next shiney. This is part of f2p games. They will never ever have good quality when it comes to bugs.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dungeon delve keys may be coming. when shadowmantle was first put on the preview shard, test versions of this key were listed in the wondrous bazaar for AD.

and let's please keep this discussion civil. anger/hate/flame threads will be closed as they are not constructive or productive. thanks.
  • grimoethgrimoeth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I can confirm that as a HR I received all kind of clasess rewards in the chests.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    At least you thread is not deleted ,they can say "pls do not say this on forum report in game, forum is for forummmmmers only:)"
    so pro and contra .... cuz of many problem cryp dev do not respond they have no time, ppl want to share they feelings whine some
    as a child hou hope her parrent's are lisening if not the child gives up and he will know he can't count on her parrent's.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    game developers are usually under an NDA. non-disclosure agreement. that means they cannot respond to us even if they wanted to. official statements are made through patch notes, the website and sometimes through email. on occasion, like when shadowmantle was on the preview shard, developers and designers will communicate with us but of course, the information they can provide is limited and their statements are almost always non-committal.

that may be frustrating for some, but if it's between being tight-lipped or losing my job, i'm definitely not losing my job.

as for people needing to vent... i get that. but you still have to have respect for where you're venting. these forums are designed to cater to a wide audience. so just like a person wouldn't stand in front of a room full of kids and start blathering off a stream of profanity, it's pretty much the same idea here. we want people to have respectful and constructive discussions. so you dislike THIS change... explain why you don't like it and how it could be better. insulting the game makers is not constructive and it's against the forum rules just like if someone disagreed with your opinions here and took a stab at you... that's not allowed.

for anyone that wants to further discuss the forum rules, do not reply here. please PM me. thanks.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    The worst thing is RNG. The reward shouldn't rely on RNG, it should be steady progress, collecting tokens to buy gear or something like that. I leveled a cleric, bought blue gear and purple weapon for 8k AD. Second Cloak Tower gave me arms, second Cragmire Crypts boots, first Throne of Idris armor, I bought helm on AH then for 80k (farming Mad Dragon - no, just no). After that I grouped up with my friend and we decided to run FH (I was at 10k GS). First FH run - boots from DD chest. There were a little time of DD event left so we created a party for Karru. I've got arms. This is just incredible luck I see for the first time in this game.

Honestly the best is both...

I havnt run VT yet but have MC alot. IMO the best way to do the entire loot system is have "shards" or w.e htye are called that you can collect for your pieces of gear, BUT! Also have the same pieces drop from the bosses or have a chance to. Then also have the DD chest which again has a chance to drop boss loot although at a lower drop % then the boss itself.

DD chests should be more of a kicker as a benefit to run, I would be fine with RP boosters and things of that nature as well...

Without good boss drops and just a "mark" or "progression" system - people find the fastest way to farm them and skip content (like 2/3 MC runs that are popular now, because the boss doesnt drop much and DD chest doesnt give much reward anyways)

With JUST the Boss drops/DD chest - people get mad because they can run a dungeon 100x and never get anything.

Thus the simple solution is this:

- Remove bound to character and make items bound to account - This really promotes making alts and running dungeons.

1) Give ALL bosses chance to drop pieces of gear - like gloves from the first boss, boots from the second chest from the last etc. So you know what item CAN drop off each boss and its the same for each class. Much like the T1/T2 system where you knew what drops and where...

2) Have all bosses drop "currency" that can be saved up for guaranteed loot. Like MC but arguably less since it would make it all too easy to get gear. Each dungeon can have their own currency system for the new stuff anyways.

3) Give DD chest a chance to drop ANY epic from THAT dungeon. ONLY from that dungeon. So it pulls 1 random piece from the total loot pool (could be blue/purple) from the entire dungeon. But the item ACCOUNT BOUND and the epic can be for ANY class - that gives incentive to run dungeons with ANY character and still get loot for your other classes. If you want to promote dungeons, that is the key to doing it.

Now you may not get any loot during a run, you may not even get a DD item for your class for the run, but youll get the currency that will help you get gear, youll also gear out alts if you have them doing this which promotes more play overall....

just an idea.
  • swarfega27swarfega27 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    adernath wrote: »
    You can need on gear you actually can use for your class. I cant see why people think this is ninjaing. On the other hand there could be some improvements regarding skill nodes and chests maybe...

Because they can use it, does not mean they will. Most of the situations of "ninjas" i've struck the item is put on the AH within minutes.

So they needed AD more than i did it seems.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    jintortle wrote: »
    D D is idiotic. Why Adventurer's risking life and limb would only be able to open a chest at a certain time is ridiculous. It is tantamount to the game only being able to be played every second hour of the day - the other hour you can not play because I said so - na na de na na.

Its because it was initially a motivator to doing dungeons. When you have extra rewards for doing something during a specific time, you get alot more people willing to do it. When you have a guarantee of getting atleast SOMETHING from a run, your more likely to do it.

The issue is its common place now and people "deserve" guaranteed loot all the time...

Honestly, NW may be better off ditching the DD chest, and just adding something extra to DD hour, like 10% damage/Healing boost inside dungeons for that hour or something...

Too many people think they are entitled to DD chest 24/7 now...

All of that to say, that will probably never happen, so having keys available for purchase would be a nice touch. Honestly I would like to see it take "daily" currency, so for sharandar you can buy a key for 3 "nuts" or 3 "blades" + some AD etc which gives an MC "key"

For VT, you can trade scrolls or something for a key. This makes it something that cant just be bought but something you have to play to then have the ability to get it.

This means dailies will be ran more often even once boons are done, just to stock pile DD keys.

The only issue with Keys, is that takes away from everyone wanting to run dungeons during Delves... But hey I guess its a "free key"
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    game developers are usually under an NDA. non-disclosure agreement. that means they cannot respond to us even if they wanted to. official statements are made through patch notes, the website and sometimes through email. on occasion, like when shadowmantle was on the preview shard, developers and designers will communicate with us but of course, the information they can provide is limited and their statements are almost always non-committal.

that may be frustrating for some, but if it's between being tight-lipped or losing my job, i'm definitely not losing my job.

as for people needing to vent... i get that. but you still have to have respect for where you're venting. these forums are designed to cater to a wide audience. so just like a person wouldn't stand in front of a room full of kids and start blathering off a stream of profanity, it's pretty much the same idea here. we want people to have respectful and constructive discussions. so you dislike THIS change... explain why you don't like it and how it could be better. insulting the game makers is not constructive and it's against the forum rules just like if someone disagreed with your opinions here and took a stab at you... that's not allowed.

for anyone that wants to further discuss the forum rules, do not reply here. please PM me. thanks.
    Thanks for clearing that up :)
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)