test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What weapon enchant to use?

organazorganaz Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited December 2013 in The Wilds
Hey there,

I am not really sure about what weapon enchant we should use at endgame PvE content.

It would be either the lesser - normal - greater - perfect Lightning Enchantment..
Or it would be the lesser - normal - greater - perfect Vorpal Enchantment

Which one should we go for? And why?
Post edited by organaz on

Comments

• obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Archery spec I think Vorpal; lots of crits with 100% effect so getting 100% or more crit severity is just adding more dps.

Combat and Nature spec I'm not so sure about, but probably something that adds DoT.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'm guessing Lightning for melee based. The last combat feat has a 17% chance to hit twice, which may apply your proc effect again.
  • doomsday22kdoomsday22k Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I had a holy avenger kicking around so just used that.
    How can you tell if your enchant is proc'ing? Something in the logs somewhere?

I don't really notice anything on the dps numers flying off the mobs. :-)
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If you're looking for something cheap to slot into your bow, you might want to try the Flaming enchantment. It deals slightly more damage and DoT than Plaguefire, but it doesn't debuff the target's defense. It's pretty much inferior to Plaguefire, but it's much cheaper to acquire because it's not a top tier enchantment.

If money is not an issue, then Vorpal is the way to go.

P.S.

I don't recommend Lightning because you will end up stealing aggro from the tank, and you are very squishy, even squishier than the control wizard and the trickster rogue. In PvP, Lightning's chain damage effect doesn't really help since most players won't cluster around in easy to AoE groups for your convenience.
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...