test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lashing blade dodge

ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2013 in The Thieves' Den
I'm just wondering if anyone knows how people are managing to dodge my lashing blade, from behind, while not moving. I've been getting this a lot in pvp. target with back turned, standing alone on point. I come from behind hit my LB get a dodge where target doesn't even start moving until after my next attack. One guy did it three times. Is this a glitch or hack or something? it only seems to be certain players.
Post edited by ott0maddux on

Comments

• omuhaoomuhao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Maybe it is the Internet, you lag a bit he moves and it does miss it happened to me too few times.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Camera is independent of your character viewpoint.

I almost always dodge TR's Lashing Blade when they are solo because I have my camera moving, checking around me. It works even better if I am moving and I know which direction the TR has to attack from (often given away by their Cloud of Steel spam). And, yes, it annoys new or just bad TRs who don't realise how easy it is to dodge...

This is why you will almost never see a pro/PvP guild TR attempt to open with just LB and CoS spam even against a CW, unless they sense that the target is pathetically weak or distracted.
  • misssmooziemisssmoozie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    There is also a distinctive sound when LB is casted, and if you use headphones, and are somewhat experienced in PvP, LB is useless against you because of the sound, and the fact there is something shimmering behind you..
    Wizard.jpg
  • nerkinanerkina Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've noticed the same thing, they aren't moving or dodging, it just doesn't hit.
  • thesakarithesakari Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nerkina wrote: »
    I've noticed the same thing, they aren't moving or dodging, it just doesn't hit.

Maybe you were out of range?
  • ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    The thing is My connection is fantastic, but they don't move even after it says they dodged. well into my next attack, usually IS.
  • ott0madduxott0maddux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    I also had a DC with full health get an immune to my lashing blade like 4 times today. It's possible that after a month my aim with it has gotten off. But the other aspects of my pvp have gotten better. I was curious if other people have noticed this. Maybe i'm just paranoid because people were shouting out that they were hackers.
  • decayedsoulsdecayedsouls Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It happens when you spike usually. I've had a whole lot more chances by jumping at the opponent and casting mid range i.e. prior to getting in their FoV, that means if they dodge that then it's cool as it'll be all about reflexes.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It happens when you spike usually. I've had a whole lot more chances by jumping at the opponent and casting mid range i.e. prior to getting in their FoV, that means if they dodge that then it's cool as it'll be all about reflexes.

Yeah, that's a good trick. A lot players underestimate the surprisingly long range of LB in practice.