test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dev confirm, WAI or bugged?

ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
Reposted from other bug report forums because it never gets checked while there's anything new on Preview.
Negation Enchant:

I'm not sure if this is WAI or a bug, but Greater says it increases your damage resistance by 20%, but looking at my log after it procs -

Combat (Self)] Neverwinter Guard deals 334 (770) Physical to you with Ranged Attack.

My normal damage resistance sits at 49.3%, so this seems to only have increased my DR by about 7% (20% of 49.3% instead of a straight 20% bonus).

Which is actually really crappy, considering it only lasts 6 seconds and only procs once every 60 seconds.

Just kinda blows my mind that they're buffing soulforged while so many other enchantments (maybe all of them?) pale in comparison to it already.

By the way the game's combat log is infuriatingly difficult to work with, I have no idea why you made it so hard to copy/paste from it.

I'd just like a confirmation because if this is WAI I'd like to sell this piece of junk before everyone figures out how terrible it actually is.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2013
    Still wondering about this.
  • hinageshi79hinageshi79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Two post in two different forums, but i understand the needing of an answer...
    I paste here the same words i wrote before....

we are speaking about %... so if i have 30% damage reduction and this enchant increase my damage reduction by 20%, it means i make sum of two %, so 30+20=50. Now the enchant give a percentage of something that is already a percentage. I think it is a nonsense.

1) and if I have 0 dr? This enchants doing nothing?
    2) and if some enemy or player in pvp hit me with something that reduce my damge reduction? It reduce also my enchant buff?

... so this enchant is very bad...

3) one of my friend (read my previous post) say that before it worked well, not like now.

EDIT:
    But... to be honest I saw that or devps really don't listen player comments, or it take months. So: i want know by some of them if this enchant is bugged or wai and if they are planning to fix it or not. If they answer us, i can decide if sell all my negations (because i don't want this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>) or keep them and working to perfect (if they say us they are working to fix it)
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The problem is, people believe it adds +20% flat damage reduction. It is wrong. It adds 20% of your current damage resistance. If it would add 20% flat, supposed to be squishy classes would abuse the hell out of it, i guess.

Best of luck.

• ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Two post in two different forums, but i understand the needing of an answer...
    I paste here the same words i wrote before....

we are speaking about %... so if i have 30% damage reduction and this enchant increase my damage reduction by 20%, it means i make sum of two %, so 30+20=50. Now the enchant give a percentage of something that is already a percentage. I think it is a nonsense.

1) and if I have 0 dr? This enchants doing nothing?
    2) and if some enemy or player in pvp hit me with something that reduce my damge reduction? It reduce also my enchant buff?

... so this enchant is very bad...

3) one of my friend (read my previous post) say that before it worked well, not like now.

EDIT:
    But... to be honest I saw that or devps really don't listen player comments, or it take months. So: i want know by some of them if this enchant is bugged or wai and if they are planning to fix it or not. If they answer us, i can decide if sell all my negations (because i don't want this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>) or keep them and working to perfect (if they say us they are working to fix it)

You misread the whole test. First it speak about YOUR DR. Then it state that it's BY. BY is a synonym of dependent at something.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The problem is, people believe it adds +20% flat damage reduction. It is wrong. It adds 20% of your current damage resistance. If it would add 20% flat, supposed to be squishy classes would abuse the hell out of it, i guess.

Best of luck.

It has always added a flat % to DR. Perfect Negation behaved this way for me on Preview in my test just now, and that's the behavior I've observed each time I've tested it on live as well. It must be a bug with Greater Negation or something.

As a player of squishy classes, I assure you that it isn't abusable. It only lasts 7 seconds and depends on RNG to proc. The proc rate is high enough to ensure that it will go off if you are subject to a bunch of small damage ticks at once, but you can also be very unlucky and have it fail to proc when you are battered by a few big hits (or it will proc when you are already close to death). It's still good, just pretty far from foolproof for non-tanky characters.

And ladysylvia, the description is grammatically ambiguous. It can be read either way.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH