test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to make Hunter Ranger more enjoyable

xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
Just a few toughts on the current state of the HR.

Right now HR feels very weak compared to other classes not only cuz the slightly rapid shot nerf is more like a 25% nerf but also because our best class features dont work at all like:

Aspect of the Lone Wolf
Twin-Blade Storm

But apart from that our biggest problem is, that all our encounters but Hawkshot, do the least dmg out of every class.
To make up for that we would either need high at-will dmg or harder hitting encounters.
Sadly our pretty decent at-will dmg is gone now and our encounters still crit for 4-5k with a t1 weapon and perfect vorpal on dummies!

I dont even want to talk about our melee dmg abilities, since they are 90% support skills.

But back to my topic:

Hunter ranger would be way more enjoyable and on pair with other classes if they go for a few changes.

First: Remove the huge damage scale on Hawkshot, our only high dmg encounter!
Atm i hit numbers from 2k!! critical up to 25k!! critical!! That's in the worst/best scenario so either im close in
meleerange or on max range. But even on max range it scales from 9k to 25k. I rly hate so much rng in 1
encounter and im sure lots of ppl feel the same!
Solution: maybe lower the max dmg u can get from this encounter but dont make the dmg
scale on the range to your target and increase the minimum dmg so its only like a 5k difference in the worst/best scenario.

Second:The Hawk shot melee buff is like the worst buff in the game atm. It gives u an extra flat 200dmg procc on ur next attack.(doesnt work with aimedshot)
I dont know if every party member gets the buff, but even if, it's like 1k dmg for 1 encounter and everyone
would agree that this not even worth using.
Solution: change the flat 200dmg procc to like an 10% increased dmg buff on your next
encounter.

Third: We rely very much on our grasping roots, so we have to use either Binding Shot or Hindering Shot, which gives us not much room for other encounters.
Solution: Change our feat Hawk Style from 50% procc chance to 100% and maybe only
weak grasping roots.

Fourth: Like i said our encounters are very weak and act more like debuff skills and i would be fine with that when either they would be on pair with other debuffing skills like Ray of Enfeeble in terms of dmg and casttime.
Right now commanding shot takes like 2sec! to cast it and it gives like 15% mitigation but again it only does
like 5-6k dmg which is pretty weak for an encounter that takes 2sec to cast it, even when u can keep the
debuff up 100% of the time.
Solution: Give our encounters atleast a 10% dmg buff which wouldnt be to much i think
cuz our cd's are very long when we cant stand still and attack to procc Prime Critical, and maybe change
rapid shot to a slightly dmg nerf like you announced and not like 25%.

Sadly all my suggestions rely on the archery tree since i see the biggest dmg potential in this tree.
I may gonna test the nature and combat tree aswell and share my toughts.

But right know i wanna hear your opinion about the ranger and your suggestions, or if u agree/disagree with my toughts.

wvrf2fxfvzjr.png
Post edited by xmousepadx on

Comments

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i did not play a lot hr but why would u need lower cd as archery tree isnt that tree who who have last feat which give another crtic when crtic and have feat to reduce cds 1 sec for every crtic u hit ?
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2013
    Yes but u cant make it procc when u have to dodge, kite or whatever. And i didnt asked for shorter cd's