Options

I'm so sick of dungeons...

2»

Comments

• Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    Yes agree, But the actual boss is always the 'hard' part of the fight, after all he is a 'boss'. But in this game you put 1 party member on the 'boss' while everybody else tries to deal with a endless spawn of adds.

In this game the bosses do next to nothing, just a odd weapon swing or a AOE atack, it is the adds with have all the mechanics, they can silence you, stun, knock back, drain your AP. LOL, seroulsy

Why in this game are Bosses even called Bosses ? There is nothing at all 'epic' or 'tough' about them at all, you could solo kill most bosses with a cleric if there was no adds !

It is no wonder players are sick of dungeons when dungeons are set up like this, plus the amount of bugs and issues that are present in every instance in the game, they fix 1 only to create another, lol, even the queue finder is bugged

It seems to be common amongst D&D videogames (massive add spawns).
    I just had the exact same "issue" in D&D : Chronicles of Mystara for xbox arcade, lol.
    The adds keep on interrupting the player and the boss(es) such as the Beholder etc. happily
    embrace the oppurtunity to just nuke the players away.

In the end, we (4 player mode) got to kill the dragon Synn, though. (on hardmode, no deaths aka. cleric ftw)

• Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    FIX the glitches, people should have to fight through the entire dungeon in order to get the loot. It's called working for loot.

A lot of bad players are getting through this content because of glitches. That is how I see it.

I've done a lot of dungeons in many MMOs. Some required you to spend more, then 3 hours on 'em without a single wipe, or do them in multiple steps within a few days. Some of them were really hard and frustrating. But I was ok with it because THERE WERE REWARDS. The loot you mentioned above. In Neverwinter, you may spend more then 2 hours of fighting adds, dying and raging and get a piece of blue <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that is worse then Sharandar world drop.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    saltpastillensaltpastillen Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Question:

Is it possible alot of these glitched dungeon queues are due to players intentionally trying to glitch them? One thing I have wondered about, is that half the time I enter one of these queues with people missing etc. the guys already in the dungeon are already busy killing stuff. I have even entered a dungeon where I ran directly to the 1st boss which 2-3 guys where trying to kill. I helped kill the boss, but then got kicked from the party as soon as he was dead.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    petestarks wrote: »
    Classic... Join a guild or suck it! /thread

(or so I have been told when I brought up the exact same point)

That is pretty much the only solution a player can implement under his own power. It also has the virtue of not making the player dependent on the whims of the developer as to when the queue issue is to be addressed.

Essentially it's about taking the power to run you own game experience rather than letting the game run it for you and thus be subject to whatever experience it deals out.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Question:

Is it possible alot of these glitched dungeon queues are due to players intentionally trying to glitch them? One thing I have wondered about, is that half the time I enter one of these queues with people missing etc. the guys already in the dungeon are already busy killing stuff. I have even entered a dungeon where I ran directly to the 1st boss which 2-3 guys where trying to kill. I helped kill the boss, but then got kicked from the party as soon as he was dead.

Nope. Till the first boss isn't dead queue system tries to fill empty party slots with people. So if you got in a dungeon and there are only 3 people left, then 2 guys already decided to leave due to unexpected difficulty and/or being abused for low skills and/or misunderstanding/not wanting to exploit etc. Glitches only glitch people's heads.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The thing is all dungeon's can be done with trio(expect CN E.spider)LEGIT!!!!!
    Tested!! The biggest problem is most of the best players know this .
    So what they do ??
    They go duo or trio and ask they mates to help them get in dungeon's.
    This is why you enter and insta kiked or see only red X on queue.
    Cryptic shoud alow to enter with current team.
    And queue is fixed this is the solution.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    ls975ls975 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    bowdidly wrote: »
    Yes agree, But the actual boss is always the 'hard' part of the fight, after all he is a 'boss'. But in this game you put 1 party member on the 'boss' while everybody else tries to deal with a endless spawn of adds.

In this game the bosses do next to nothing, just a odd weapon swing or a AOE atack, it is the adds with have all the mechanics, they can silence you, stun, knock back, drain your AP. LOL, seroulsy

Why in this game are Bosses even called Bosses ? There is nothing at all 'epic' or 'tough' about them at all, you could solo kill most bosses with a cleric if there was no adds !

It is no wonder players are sick of dungeons when dungeons are set up like this, plus the amount of bugs and issues that are present in every instance in the game, they fix 1 only to create another, lol, even the queue finder is bugged
    Yeah, but then again...if they made bosses more like the "bosses" are in something like Dark Souls...almost half of the playerbase would probably quit. I'm not saying they need to made like that WITH the adds, but I'd appreciate at least a FEW bosses, fairly large, monstrous, heavy-hitting, damage sponge bosses ALONE without a SINGLE add in the final area of the dungeon for a decent challenge, instead of near impossible for squishies, 25 deadly adds at once with a heavy-hitting ridiculous boss. I guess that's why I like Foundry quests so much...a decent number of players can do it, so why can't the dev's?
    Sorry if this seems really ranty...Just, god these dungeons are annoying.
  • Options
    ls975ls975 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It seems to be common amongst D&D videogames (massive add spawns).
    I just had the exact same "issue" in D&D : Chronicles of Mystara for xbox arcade, lol.
    The adds keep on interrupting the player and the boss(es) such as the Beholder etc. happily
    embrace the oppurtunity to just nuke the players away.

In the end, we (4 player mode) got to kill the dragon Synn, though. (on hardmode, no deaths aka. cleric ftw)

M.User, bro. M.User is OP as **** with all that screen-freezing magics...until it runs out, I mean.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2013
    IThe other thing that detracts from enjoying dungeons is that no matter how you form your group you always get one or two that just run, even when using the "Legit" channels. There is no exploration, no communication, nothing. You choice is to either run with them, or let them die, in which case they ragequit. I have run most dungeons about 5 or more times, but most of them I have yet to get to truely explore and find the nodes and chests.

Yeah, this frustrates me and as a DC it makes my life very stressful as I know that if I do not keep up and have my blue circle down the crying & raging starts. I like to check out the area we just cleared but before I know it I'm by myself and I can see the life bars of the other 4 dropping, so I have to take off and heal. Even worse is when I can see there is another path off to the side where I can see another mob and am almost certain that there must be a chest or some sort of loot but the party just ignores it because it isn't integral to completing the run and charges off.

Myself and a GWF got told off after the 2nd boss fight in ToS for staying behind to clear a mob to get to two other chests behind the centre pillar. I stopped to look at the chests, saw everyone run off so turned around to follow. Then I saw the GWF stop turn around and also run to have a look at the chests. I stopped and ran after him. We stood there for a few seconds, I popped tab to get ready to drop AS and he obviously saw/heard this and realised I meant business and he charged into action. Next minute ''What are u doing!?'', ''Stop wasting time!" & ''Idiots!'' pops up in party chat.

I actually don't even know the layout of each dungeon outside of CT & Idris because it is just a flat out race to the next mob/add fest.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    k1ll3xk1ll3x Member Posts: 34
    edited December 2013
    here's an example of great dungeon design, it's not reliable on gazillions of adds, not very much trash mobs fighting, but still super challenging and interesting.
    <( link removed )>

And this game is almost 5 years old. But here in NWO, in 2013, with advanced combat system, we get re****ed "endless adds" design in ****ing 95% of fights. I can do a better dungeon in 1 day, than Cryptic in 8 months
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Try: joining a 4 people group mid dungeon only to get kicked from it because they don't want to share the drops, but the group is queued automatically (and because you can't enter epic dungeons manually).

Who is the person responsible for this amazing design?